Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1993 Audi V8 for sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That is a rare one. It's kind of like the Passat W8 though - interesting (and attractive to me) but ultimately pointless. Good find, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I know the car..a solicitor in tralee owns it,hes had it for years.

A very unusual motor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭maidhc

I know the car..a solicitor in tralee owns it,hes had it for years.

A very unusual motor.

Solicitors have a strange love of old pointless barges.

The man probably needs to sell it to pay the ESB.

maidhc wrote: »
    Solicitors have a strange love of old pointless barges.

The man probably needs to sell it to pay the ESB.
    I think he bought it nearly new,i remember having a conversation about it with someone once.Quite a rarity it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I've always had a bit of a thing for them.

I wonder what are the chances of it being an original Irish car?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

6K euros!!! He's living on another planet if he thinks he's going to get anything next or near that for it.:rolleyes:

junkyard wrote: »
    6K euros!!! He's living on another planet if he thinks he's going to get anything next or near that for it.:rolleyes:
    Think hes banking on the rarity factor tipping the balance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A very unusual motor.

+1

I was in awe at the time it was released :)

Doesn't it have two Mk2 Golf GTI engines bolted together?

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I wonder what are the chances of it being an original Irish car?
    It is im 99.99% sure,dublin reg iirc.

• Advertisement

Wheee!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭quattro777

Its been for sale a while now, remember seeing it a few months back at the same price.
    I'd love one but not at that kind of money.

quattro777 wrote: »
    I'd love one but not at that kind of money.

What's the max you would pay for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

The background in that photo doesn't look too much like anywhere in or near Tralee to me. Looks more like Spain or Italy to me. Can't see it properly but from what I can make out it doesn't look like an Irish reg on the car either:confused:

unkel wrote: »

I don't know, what is any 16 year old barge worth at the mo. 2k? or less I would say. You'd need the other 4k if anything happened.

There was a mint one with only 60k on autotrader a while back for 1500 sterling.

As regards the ad it says the car is similar to the one in the photo, so not a pic of the actual car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

unkel wrote: »

I think 6k is a fair price for it. It's probably the only one in Ireland, yet alone the only original Irish one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

its not even a classic.
    /me gives it the boot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Unkel, it was indeed two 1.8 GTi engines joined at the crankcase.

It could be one of two - there was a red V8 for sale in Limerick 3 years back.

From its launch in 1988 until 1992 it had the 3.6 (the two gti 1.8's) It was then replaced by the 4.2

You know your Audi V8, quattro777 :)
    quattro777 wrote: »
    2k? or less I would say. You'd need the other 4k if anything happened

That calculation doesn't seem to make sense though. If it is only worth 2k, if anything happened you'd only need another 2k at most. To give away the current one for free and to buy another one.

• Advertisement

The background in that photo doesn't look too much like anywhere in or near Tralee to me. Looks more like Spain or Italy to me. Can't see it properly but from what I can make out it doesn't look like an Irish reg on the car either:confused:
    Tralee does look like spain or italy,we have a lovely climate down here!Lol!
    No,he says in the add the the pic is from somewhere else,not of the actual car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Tralee does look like spain or italy,we have a lovely climate down here!Lol!
    No,he says in the add the the pic is from somewhere else,not of the actual car.

aha, thanks for clearing that one up carchaeologist. Shouldn't have being so trigger happy and read the ad in full I guess! It would beg the question though if he has digital photos available why he didn't post them on the ad all the same.

aha, thanks for clearing that one up carchaeologist. Shouldn't have being so trigger happy and read the ad in full I guess! It would beg the question though if he has digital photos available why he didn't post them on the ad all the same.
    I thought the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

I had the "pleasure"of doing a clutch on one of them back in 1991.......those quattro gearboxes are damn heavy:pac:

I know a guy in germany who has one, corrosion is not a problem (fully galvanised body) but parts are pretty expensive, brake discs are 750€ the set.

Audi won the DTM in a V8 in 1991 I think, Hans Joachim Stuck was the driver who won the championship.

Advertisement