Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Business Management

Options
  • 09-04-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Just hoping some nice person could give me some info on the MA in Business Managment. Was thinking of doing it next year. Don't know much about it only what i've read on the website. I'm trying to size up whether its worth doing or not. I'm only mad for a year in UL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Just hoping some nice person could give me some info on the MA in Business Managment. Was thinking of doing it next year. Don't know much about it only what i've read on the website. I'm trying to size up whether its worth doing or not. I'm only mad for a year in UL.

Hi, I was looking at dong this and I asked a few lecturers about it. If you have done a major in HR before don't do it unless of course your really really into it.

I was told that I would probably find it a bit repetitive (I do HR as my major) and that it wouldn't suit me.... I don't like a lot of the subjects involved, thats why I'm doing the Msc instead.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Jeez DJCR, take down the link...it's over 2 weeks at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hi Hells Kitchen. This course is designed to give graduate students from a non-business background a business qualification. It was formerly the H.Dip. 3 friends of mine did it, all engineering graduates. All got on really well and had jobs within 1/2 months of finishing it. I'd heartily recommend it to anyone from a non-business background. However, if your degree is in business/commerce then this isn't for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hells Kitchen

Thanks for the reply Burning Eclipse. Appreciate it.

Great to hear the positive report. Ya im an engineering grad myself but always liked business in school and the bit we did in the eng coarse. You wouldn't know is the coarse pretty intensive or what hours are involved in it. Its just that i'd need to get a job to keep myself going aswell.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Ya im an engineering grad myself but always liked business in school and the bit we did in the eng coarse. You wouldn't know is the coarse pretty intensive or what hours are involved in it.

I'd say that engineering course must have been a bit rough on your mind :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

ninty9er wrote: »
    Jeez DJCR, take down the link...it's over 2 weeks at this stage!

meh.... might as well leave it up for next year and say I forgot to take it down !!! :D:D:D:D

Advertisement