Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Jobs in Sligo to suit Student?

Options
  • 09-04-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm (hopefully) moving to Sligo shortly to go to college. Just wondering if there is anywhere looking for part time staff? Where are jobs normally advertised? I've been stalking jobs.ie but there is rarely a job posted.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Most jobs would be advertised in the Sligo Champion or the Sligo Weekender, some jobs would simply be advertised in shop windows so you'll have to take a walk around town :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

It fairly hard to get the student type jobs these days :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

God be with the days when you could sign on the dole, get your student grant and get through college by showing up once a week. Sign of the times?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

the garavogue will be reopening in a few weeks and i know they are looking for about 40 staff. Check the sligo champion paper.

welcome to sligo and good luck

frag

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ciaran187

Thanks everyone for the advice. Picked up a paper when I was there and didn't see anything much. Most places are looking for experienced staff.

I'll keep an eye out. Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
Advertisement