Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football in Ireland this weekend, April 10/11

• 09-04-2009 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

RFRF

10 Apr 2009 Bray Wanderers 4:00 Dundalk Carlisle Grounds
    10 Apr 2009 Shamrock Rovers 7:00 Cork City Tallaght Stadium
    10 Apr 2009 Derry City 7:35 Sligo Rovers The Brandywell
    10 Apr 2009 Drogheda United 7:45 Galway United United Park
    11 Apr 2009 Bohemians :cool: 7:00 St Patrick's Athletic Dalymount Park

Wins for... Dundalk, Cork, Derry, Drogheda, Bohs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Great, i get to do the First Division fixtures!

Fri, Apr 10, 2009

19:30:00 Kildare County v Mervue United
    20:00:00 Wexford Youths v Limerick FC
    20:00:00 Shelbourne v U.C.D
    20:00:00 Monaghan United v Sporting Fingal

Sat, Apr 11, 2009

19:30:00 Longford Town v Athlone Town
    19:45:00 Finn Harps v Waterford United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Thread title not provocative enough.

Cracking point re Dundalk winning though. We owe them a beating after a couple of hidings they gave us back in the grim old days of 1st division football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Pighead wrote: »

Cracking point re Dundalk winning though. We owe them a beating after a couple of hidings they gave us back in the grim old days of 1st division football.

Aye, I feel like I can come in here this week :p
    Hoping Galway can avoid defeat away and keep their impressive start going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Ha. I remember a 6-0 or a 6-1 when Zayed scored a hat-trick in 14 mins (or something like that) at Oriel. We beat yez last year as well in the cup.

I reckon we can get the win tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ha. I remember a 6-0 or a 6-1 when Zayed scored a hat-trick in 14 mins (or something like that) at Oriel. We beat yez last year as well in the cup.

I reckon we can get the win tomorrow.
    Ah I wouldn't mind those games HalloweenJack. Those wer back in the days when Dundalk were in the graveyard and were feeling sorry for themselves. Now the sleeping giant has awoken and Bray shall be gobbled up and spat out just like the last time we played your lot in the top division. 3-1 dundalk tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

dundalk-bray ...draw

hopefully Cork win, Derry Win, Galway win, Bohs Draw (or 3-0 win)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Pighead wrote: »

Sorry. I'm in a more Irish football know your station/LoI lie down zone this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Really looking forward to Shels-UCD. Russell puts out an attacking line-up even away from home so once Shels match my expectations it's going to be exciting.

Setanta does excellent previews here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Looking forward to the Dundalk game. Heading down to Bray later on. Paybacks a bitch! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

fancy us to get a 1-0 hard fought win against shamrock tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

A mate of mine is starting in goal for Dundalk tonight. Ryan Coulter, just read it on facebook, hope i didnt reveal some surprise hidden team news lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gonna make my way to Dalymount tomorrow with a little bit of hope in my heart, but not much.
    Surely, surely there'll be some sort of reaction to tuesday's drubbing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd say we'll probably draw against Shams. 1-1 i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im hungover and i dont think i can muster enough energy to drive to drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Rafa, Rafael. Rafa, Rafael. Rafa, Rafael
    Rafael Cretaro!!!:D

raging i wasnt at it!!!!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

HUGE result for UCD tonight. What a start to the season! :D

Much to my surprise, it looks like it's going to be a genuine three horse race for promotion. Might be interesting around here if Shels were to lose out again...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Apparently McGill was sent for laying a right hook on one of their lads. Wtf? Stupidity of the highest order. Losing McAllister early on was a blow as well.

With Casso sent as well it means we're missing a few for the game against Franchise next week. Not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Missed Bradley and especially Murphy last night. Duggan didn't command his area at all. Rice, Maugire, Dessie and Twigg stood out for me. Thought we had the better chances, and Cork seemed happy to play for a draw but scored from a very soft near post free kick.

Positives for me: improvement was evident, especially after a tough midweek game; another full, buzzing house, and another nice goal for Twigg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Woot!! Excellent result for Galway, reports say they were under the cosh for most of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Apparently McGill was sent for laying a right hook on one of their lads. Wtf? Stupidity of the highest order. Losing McAllister early on was a blow as well.

With Casso sent as well it means we're missing a few for the game against Franchise next week. Not good.

Yeah hopefully McGill doesn't play for the club again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

stovelid wrote: »
    Missed Bradley and especially Murphy last night. Duggan didn't command his area at all. Rice, Maugire, Dessie and Twigg stood out for me. Thought we had the better chances, and Cork seemed happy to play for a draw but scored from a very soft near post free kick.

Positives for me: improvement was evident, especially after a tough midweek game; another full, buzzing house, and another nice goal for Twigg.

What do you make of Doolin's tactics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What do you make of Doolin's tactics?

Before the goal, I thought it was more about not conceding and trying to nick something on the break. Then I thought he looked happy just to defend your goal which handed us back the initiative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

elshambo wrote: »
    Rafa, Rafael. Rafa, Rafael. Rafa, Rafael
    Rafael Cretaro!!!:D

raging i wasnt at it!!!!:o

Ive missed the last 2 Sligo Rovers games:mad:
    They have won:D

Might be time for a self imposed ban:o:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

stovelid wrote: »
    Before the goal, I thought it was more about not conceding and trying to nick something on the break. Then I thought he looked happy just to defend your goal which handed us back the initiative.

It was pretty much the same thing against Drogheda on Tuesday. We attacked a lot in the first half got the goal, but in the second half they took they're foot of the pedal and let drogs back into the game.

Another three nil defeat for Pat's tonight. :o:(

We did ok in the first half, Bohs had the better chances but we were comfortable enough. Joseph Ndo was taking almighty abuse from the away section and rightly so. I don't know how he didn't get a yellow when a throw went against him he went completely ballistic!!

Bohs came out after the break and went for it, scoring a goal that wasn't too dis-similar to the ones we conceded against Derry on tuesday. A cross from the right and Crowe with a glancing header opened the scoring.

David Partridge was sent off after that. I don't know why but i can only assume it was for saying something to the linesman cos he waved the flag making the ref stop play and telling him something. There were no Bohs players lying injured so it must have been for dissent.

After that, we had no chance. The outcome was very similar to our defeat at Dalymount last season. Nil all at half-time, a man sent off, a goal conceded just after the break and a three nil defeat.

On a sidenote from the match, Glen Fitzpatrick collapsed on the pitch whilst warming up before the game. I didn't see it as i hadn't got to the ground at this time. Apparently he was convulsing and pretty much suffered a fit. He was taken to hospital and word is that he seems to be ok. Hopefully he'll be fine. It's terrible to have these things happen so get well soon Fitzer!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Big game in Flancare Park tonight ... Athlone Town "B" 0-1 Athlone Town :D

monkey9 wrote: »
    Another three nil defeat for Pat's tonight. :o:(

We did ok in the first half, Bohs had the better chances but we were comfortable enough. Joseph Ndo was taking almighty abuse from the away section and rightly so. I don't know how he didn't get a yellow when a throw went against him he went completely ballistic!!

Bohs came out after the break and went for it, scoring a goal that wasn't too dis-similar to the ones we conceded against Derry on tuesday. A cross from the right and Crowe with a glancing header opened the scoring.

David Partridge was sent off after that. I don't know why but i can only assume it was for saying something to the linesman cos he waved the flag making the ref stop play and telling him something. There were no Bohs players lying injured so it must have been for dissent.

After that, we had no chance. The outcome was very similar to our defeat at Dalymount last season. Nil all at half-time, a man sent off, a goal conceded just after the break and a three nil defeat.

On a sidenote from the match, Glen Fitzpatrick collapsed on the pitch whilst warming up before the game. I didn't see it as i hadn't got to the ground at this time. Apparently he was convulsing and pretty much suffered a fit. He was taken to hospital and word is that he seems to be ok. Hopefully he'll be fine. It's terrible to have these things happen so get well soon Fitzer!!!
    The RTE reporter described what happened to Pats last night as steamrollering, and that this Pats team certainly bears no comparison to last year's. Nice to see Graham Carey get going -- absolutely dazzling.
    Odd to see some Pat's fans holding up their rather flattering banner -- 'Bigger they are, harder they fall' while others snuck out at 3-0 down.
    Hope Glen Fitz is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

SectionF wrote: »
    Odd to see some Pat's fans holding up their rather flattering banner -- 'Bigger they are, harder they fall' while others snuck out at 3-0 down.

B3822B3B955A4D50AB446C6287EBB2AF-500.jpg

• Advertisement

Which reminds me... why the incredibly poor turnout of Pat's support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Bath night, obviously! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

The fans mixed up Christmas with Easter and wanting something warm to go with their ham.

The Bohs attendance wasn't that hot either

Seems to have dipped all right. But you had little more than a couple of hundred -- big contrast to last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

monkey9 wrote: »
    The Bohs attendance wasn't that hot either
    8BD10EF8CA60410995E42445AAC9B273-500.jpg
    Shockin

• Advertisement

They were shocked all right... at least in the second half :D

SectionF wrote: »
    Seems to have dipped all right. But you had little more than a couple of hundred -- big contrast to last year.

Yeah, it was sh!t alright. I don't really know to be honest. Probably the performance and result against Derry didn't help, but you either support the team or you don't.
    If it was Sligo or Galway, i could maybe understand. What with it being the long weekend, maybe people were away. But if others couldn't be bothered, well that's just sh!t.

I know though that there were a lot of Pat's fans in the Jodi

Advertisement