Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

09/10 Jerseys

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Somebody wasn't concentrating at that photoshoot. Those are adidas boots VDS is wearing!:D

Players do have individual boot deals you know...
    Helix wrote: »
    and gloves too

and goalkeepers also have individual glove deals...

just because a certain manufacturer makes the kit, doesn't mean you have to wear their boots..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Players do have individual boot deals you know...

and goalkeepers also have individual glove deals...

just because a certain manufacturer makes the kit, doesn't mean you have to wear their boots..

We all know that obviously, but often in those promo pics, players are made to wear stuff from the kit manufacturer. VDS is probably only compelled to wear adidas boots in matches. He may not have to do so in other circumstances.
    Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    We just published 10 of the best new kits there on the site, I'm sure you'll disagree with some inclusions, and ommisions!

http://backpagefootball.com/columnists/reports/ten-of-the-best-new-ktis/

That Club Brugge kit is really nice. Would be hard to find though, probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Zonda999 wrote: »
    We all know that obviously, but often in those promo pics, players are made to wear stuff from the kit manufacturer. VDS is probably only compelled to wear adidas boots in matches. He may not have to do so in other circumstances.

There may be some iffy exchanges if say Adidas were paying VDS to wear their gloves, but he wore Nike ones at a photoshoot, and vica versa.
    That Club Brugge kit is really nice. Would be hard to find though, probably

Try the links at the bottom of the article mate, the Brugge one is from UkSoccerShirts - I'm sure.

And yep, lovely kit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Is everyone sure it was specifically a Nike photoshoot and not a Man United photoshoot?!

I reckon they can wear what they like because it's an advertisement for the clubs kit, not a manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jeez - its a United photoshoot to show off the new kit - the players will wear the gear they are contractually obliged to wear in it - the United kit and their own sponsors stuff. I can't see there being any reason for VDS not to wear his gear - Adidas would throw a fit if he did.

Sure just look at the Ronaldo 'unveiling' at Madrid, wore full nike gear to the stadium, and the boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Is everyone sure it was specifically a Nike photoshoot and not a Man United photoshoot?!

I reckon they can wear what they like because it's an advertisement for the clubs kit, not a manufacturer.

That probably clears it up. It must have been an ad for the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

We just published 10 of the best new kits there on the site, I'm sure you'll disagree with some inclusions, and ommisions!

Was there ever any doubt that a Man City jersey would appear here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Just an oversight really. Normally the players picked for the full size would be those contracted to the shirt sponsor, but there's not much of an option for goal keeper, although most of the time they don't show the boots and have the keeper put his hands behind his back. VDS would probably be in breach of contract if he were to be seen wearing Nike boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Would have included the Kaizer Chiefs jersey myself but can't please everyone!!

Well done on the site by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I'm a lil obsessed so spotted it quickly but that Zenit kit is the away one whether it's a typo or the wrong pic Im not sure but the description and pic don't match

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I'm a lil obsessed so spotted it quickly but that Zenit kit is the away one whether it's a typo or the wrong pic Im not sure but the description and pic don't match

Good spot dude, it was a typo. That piece took ages to format right, and the description kept getting pushed off so when I wrote it back I must've put "Home" by mistake. Duly fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sarge wrote: »
    Was there ever any doubt that a Man City jersey would appear here.

I didn't pick that shirt. It's the only one of the 3 I won't be buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I didn't pick that shirt. It's the only one of the 3 I won't be buying.

Gotta agree. Not bad but don't like the collar so thumbs down here too. (Junior brayblue saving up the pennies tho:rolleyes:)

Now this is how you launch a kit - Argentinian club Velez Sarsfield.

velez1.jpg

velez4.jpg

velez2.jpg

velez6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Now this is how you launch a kit - Argentinian club Velez Sarsfield.

velez1.jpg

Front row, 2nd from left, packing heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

JPA wrote: »
    Front row, 2nd from left, packing heat.

She's on the right here -

velez3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Xavi6 wrote: »
    She's on the right here -

velez3.jpg

Must have tucked it in. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

OMG beats the crap outta having a crap footballer wearing a jersey any old day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

That Valencia one in the top ten isnt thier actual home kit for this year, it was just a commemorative top they are using for a few pre-season games (wore it against Utd iirc ?) as well as a few other special games this season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

WHO LIKES SHORT SHORTS!?

• Advertisement

WHO LIKES SHORT SHORTS!?

Well it will work for the womens team - not seeing them being too popular for the mens :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Without looking back at the pics who can now remember what the Valez Sarsfield jerseys actually look like? :pac:

Pro. F wrote: »
    Without looking back at the pics who can now remember what the Valez Sarsfield jerseys actually look like? :pac:

I think it was blonde right :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Anyone buying jerseys should check this out over on Bargain Alerts.......20% off everything at elverys!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055649754

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

WHO LIKES SHORT SHORTS!?

Peter Beardsley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I want this :

barcelona-09-10-nike-joan-gamper-kit-6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Chong wrote: »
    I want this :

barcelona-09-10-nike-joan-gamper-kit-6.jpg

That aint real is it?or is that one of those local spanish jerseys you can get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It was a special jersey for the Spanish Super Cup i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It was a special jersey for the Spanish Super Cup i think.

Really man its very nice kind of retro reminds me of the early 90,s only stylish haha you will never beat my new yellow newcastle jersey anyways:D

I am one handsome canary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

That aint real is it?or is that one of those local spanish jerseys you can get?

It's a one off for tomorrow's match with Man City-only €149.99!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Don't remember seeing this so far.
    Nice, eccentric french style.

product_1250662161.jpg

Edit: Actually, while i'm at it, has anyone come across any site selling the new Bolton jerseys cheap?

brayblue24 wrote: »
    It's a one off for tomorrow's match with Man City-only €149.99!

€149.99 - oh my god thats insane. I mean I'd be slightly more understanding if it was nice but its not. And how do the rest of the players feel about Messi getting his own jersey haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Is there any sites that can buy jerseys on.. specifically Valencia jersey.(doesnt have to be official) that accepts laser card(irish) as dont have a credit card.

cheers!

Advertisement