Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

09/10 Jerseys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Big Ears wrote: »
    no one here wants to know about foreign football kits anyway..........
    Wonderful! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

A7X wrote: »
    United have AIG for one more season and then the contract runs out.

I also think it would make sense for them to wait one more feckin season and not bring out another bollickin jersey then :mad:

they are contracted for another year but theres talks they're gonna pull out purely because they are going bust and dont want to sponsor a team.... the original away one posted by mikeyt is a fake...its got Saudi Telecom as the sponsor on it but no new sponsor has been sorted out by United for when the AIG contract finally runs out

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

damienom wrote: »
    The V is a kick back to the 1909 jersey, the year they won the Cup for the first time.

The V is purely a Nike marketing thing, they are trying to get it on all their clothing across Tennis, golf, football etc. Pony are sueing them over it.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a6hz84ybJcvQ&refer=us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

nowhere does it say in the OP that the thread was limited to english clubs :rolleyes:

Exactley.

Imagine the carnage should one of these guys go into a Lifestyle sports shop anytime soon.

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

ugh.....

Jersys are getting worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

v for victory?

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

DeadSkin wrote: »
    About 60/70 bucks.
    Last jersey I had I was about 10, got Number 1 on the back because of Grobelaar, even though it wasn't the keeper jersey :o

lol, awesome! The no.1 jersey that is, not the price of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Big Ears wrote: »
    Too right, no one here wants to know about foreign football kits anyway..........

Without all those 'foreign' kits this thread would be left with a pic of one solitary bohs shirt.
    I have several shirts from clubs across the world,a nice jersey is a nice jersey so to speak,
    Those Zenith shirts are v nice,the United away shirt that mikey posted is actually nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Without all those 'foreign' kits this thread would be left with a pic of one solitary bohs shirt.
    I have several shirts from clubs across the world,a nice jersey is a nice jersey so to speak,
    Those Zenith shirts are v nice,the United away shirt that mikey posted is actually nice too.

Perhaps you're missing an irony detector

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Daysha wrote: »
    Contrary to popular opinion, Man United don't release the most new jerseys in the Premier League. No where near it, I'll try find the source but it actually puts United near the bottom in terms of the amount of new jerseys since the EPL began.

Aston Villa were top iirc.

By next season City will have released NINE outfield shirts in three seasons.

Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Anyone know what the story is with the Ireland grey 3rd kit? I bought this last season, they only wore it once against Wales and it disappeared again....someone said to me it was a once off commemorative shirt, for what though?

Seems crazy they bring out a shirt and they only wear it once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Xavi6 wrote: »

Disgusting.

keeping up with the joneses :P

oh wait, man u stopped that practise long ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Disgusting.

I honestly dont see the problem in clubs releasing loads of jerseys. It just gives the supporter more of a choice.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anyone know what the story is with the Ireland grey 3rd kit? I bought this last season, they only wore it once against Wales and it disappeared again....someone said to me it was a once off commemorative shirt, for what though?

Seems crazy they bring out a shirt and they only wear it once!

I bought it aswell, i like it, its nice. I doubt it will ever be worn again though.

Ireland are due a new home kit in the March before the 2010 World Cup. So, either it will be sold out like in 2002 because everyone has to have it for the lads in South Africa. Or... Nobody will want it because the thought of it being used only for friendlies or a poxy USA tour will depress people. It all depends on qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

copacetic wrote: »
    The V is purely a Nike marketing thing, they are trying to get it on all their clothing across Tennis, golf, football etc. Pony are sueing them over it.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a6hz84ybJcvQ&refer=us

Posted in the Man U thread a while ago about the V design thing, after it was leaked somewhere.
    In honour of a player who helped them win their first major trophy, Manchester United will play in remake of the historic kit from 1909 next 09/10 season.
    Players from United will wear home shirts, which feature a large white V-shape sash down the front.
    The kit is based upon a 100-year-old design supplied by one of the club's own players, Billy Meredith, before the 1909 FA Cup Final. (As a sideline Meredith ran a sports shop and became the club's kit supplier. For the Wembley final with Bristol City, both sides had to change from their usual red shirts.)
    Billy Meredith's trademark was a toothpick he chewed while playing; he believed it assisted his concentration. He originally used chewing tobacco, however the cleaners refused to wash the spit off his shirts!
    United's kit manufacturer Nike have been asked to rework Meredith's shirt - using high-tech materials rather than heavyweight cotton and with a white sash on a red shirt instead of 1909's red-on-white.
    A Man Utd insider said: "The club felt bringing back this old kit was the perfect way for United to mark 100 years of success."

If thats bullsh!t or not is up for debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

No offence or anything but Nike and Utd will always put some spin on it about it being from tradition and all that ****e when in reality all it boils down to is a marketing ploy. And that goes for most clubs, the one that stands out most in my mind is how they conspired to put the cannon the wrong way round on the new Arsenal crest. :mad:

Fenix wrote: »
    Posted in the Man U thread a while ago about the V design thing, after it was leaked somewhere.

If thats bullsh!t or not is up for debate.

personally I think it's BS, nike have tiger woods and all their other golfers wearing Vs on the side of their hats and have all non-utd nike players wearing V based clothing and in ads with identical Vs to utd shirt.

http://habs.theoffside.com/gratuitous-nudity/new-nike-campaign-ramos-fabregas-drogba-cole-and-arshavin.html

10_03_2009_0454063001236637376_rankin-550x360-494x323.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

bastards stole my slogan ;_;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Now, here is the other possible United shirts, much better:

dbmlv9.jpg
    b5qq9s.jpg

Has to be fake, my Mexico WC 06' jersey has the exact same template! See..

NIK_40188_A.jpeg

These are the new City shirts I believe -

citykit1.jpg

Not happy at all with the home one.

• Advertisement

the chelsea one with the pec panels and the 'fake zip' from first post was confirmed on soccer am today, apparently they are wearing it today. it's disgusting.

article-1164758-0416D53F000005DC-924_468x512.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Looks like the Arsenal away will in fact be blue.

onlinestore-popup.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

personally I think it's BS, nike have tiger woods and all their other golfers wearing Vs on the side of their hats and have all non-utd nike players wearing V based clothing and in ads with identical Vs to utd shirt.

http://habs.theoffside.com/gratuitous-nudity/new-nike-campaign-ramos-fabregas-drogba-cole-and-arshavin.html

10_03_2009_0454063001236637376_rankin-550x360-494x323.jpg

Those pictures are bent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Tusky wrote: »
    I wish this was Liverpools new jersey. So much classier looking than any of the recent offerings. The crest especially, is far far nicer.

06087kb.jpg

That's actually a really classy jersey.

It looks fake though. You can tell the different crest has been pasted in using Paint or something. You can see it where the shadow on the bottom-right side of the crest is - the different colours are obvious. It's visible in both the close-up and the wide shot.

I'm not a huge fan of the new United jerseys, but hopefully it'll be the kind of thing that'll grow on me. I remember when the jersey with the zip came out in 98 or 99, I thought it was absolutely dreadful, but it's one of my favourite kids now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

joe123 wrote: »
    I honestly dont see the problem in clubs releasing loads of jerseys. It just gives the supporter more of a choice.:confused:

Fans/parents etc feel obliged to buy all the jerseys hitting them hard in the pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

the chelsea one with the pec panels and the 'fake zip' from first post was confirmed on soccer am today, apparently they are wearing it today. it's disgusting.

article-1164758-0416D53F000005DC-924_468x512.jpg

Nice to see they've included a built in sports bra for Lampard ;):D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I think arsenal should go back to this, the away kits for the last few years have been awful...

4e7e1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

FearDark wrote: »
    I think arsenal should go back to this, the away kits for the last few years have been awful...

4e7e1.jpg

i like the yellow one, but you're right.

maybe it's nostalgia but i've always felt the best designs were back in the early to mid nineties, when the idea was to make the players seem bigger and more aggressive than they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ha, I had that blue Arsenal jersey. Sorry but I can't agree, it's awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

i like the yellow one.
    Ha, I had that blue Arsenal jersey. Sorry but I can't agree, it's awful.

The new yellow jersey is terrible, the home one is really nice though. My favourite jersey has to be the 98/99 JVC with the white collar and sleeves, have it in longsleeve and it gets cracked out for the odd game of indoor, much nicer than any of the newer jerseys.

Ah royale, its a lovely jersey, was it the year before or the year after they had the same colour jersey but with a lot more lightening going through it, I have a WRIGHT - 8 some where!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

playa3 wrote: »
    Looks like the Arsenal away will in fact be blue.

onlinestore-popup.jpg

Looks more black to me with a patch of blue round the crest. :p

Nice to see they've included a built in sports bra for Lampard ;):D

The zip actually hides a secret pocket for Terry to hide his hankey in too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Well the Newcastle home jersey is confirmed. Not too sure about the away one at this moment in time. Just a case of whether we're sewing Coca-Cola on our sleeves or not.

new-newcastle-united-home-shirt.jpg

That_Guy wrote: »
    Well the Newcastle home jersey is confirmed. Not too sure about the away one at this moment in time. Just a case of whether we're sewing Coca-Cola on our sleeves or not.

Judging by todays performance so far I think it'll be Coca Cola badges. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Judging by todays performance so far I think it'll be Coca Cola badges. ;)

Certainly seems that way alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

FearDark wrote: »

4e7e1.jpg

That's class looking jersey! :D

That_Guy wrote: »

First thing that came to my head was the late 80s Liverpool kits! :confused:
    I think its the collar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

These are the new City shirts I believe -

citykit1.jpg

Not happy at all with the home one.

I like those new city shirts Xavi...

This is to be Everton's new one. Changing from Umbro to Le Coq Sportif

2009evertonhomejersey.jpg

Home
    ad2e74.jpg

Away
    dd03uh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I know people here aren't going to like that everton away... but i like it... the home one just looks like the others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I know people here aren't going to like that everton away... but i like it... the home one just looks like the others

yeah, everton's home kits are generally quite traditional...

The away one is growing on me as well. would need to see it in the shop before making a purchasing decision though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I kind of like the Everton away. The pink salmon stripes aren't to bad on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

God those Everton tops are rotten.
    They look really cheap and tacky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Same, I like it

Thank feck we dropped Le Coq. Those everton shirts are hideous.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Have to say the away one is decent enough, but I flat out do not wear pink.
    Home one is revolting.

• Advertisement

Salmon is a fish not a colour. Pink is a (gay) colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jayzus that Everton away one is poxy of the highest order :p

Any confirmation on the new United ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Just in case there's anyone trawling the thread looking for an actual Irish football kit...

New Bohs away jersey coming soon...

logo_gi_sm.jpg

bohsaway.jpg

SectionF wrote: »
    Just in case there's anyone trawling the thread looking for an actual Irish football kit...

New Bohs away jersey coming soon...

logo_gi_sm.jpg

bohsaway.jpg

That's a nice jersey. I think I may purchase this.

I like the everton home one, the away one not so much....its obviously a copy of the 1985 cup winners one, does that mean the skin-tight short shorts are back too? Last worn by Andy Gray et al!

• Advertisement
Advertisement