Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trying to get fit looking for ideas

• 09-04-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

im just after coming from 2 gyms and jesus are they expensive so i cant really afford the gym at this moment, so i was wondering if there is anybody in the mullingar area that knows a great way of getting fit. my ideal situation would be to, do something outdoors, i played 5 a side soccer for years in college but all my mates here are not interested. i also like the idea of a course kinda like an assault course. just something fun sociable and gets you fit.
    if you have any ideas or indeed want to do 5 a side let me know
    thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

noones24 wrote: »
    im just after coming from 2 gyms and jesus are they expensive so i cant really afford the gym at this moment, so i was wondering if there is anybody in the mullingar area that knows a great way of getting fit. my ideal situation would be to, do something outdoors, i played 5 a side soccer for years in college but all my mates here are not interested. i also like the idea of a course kinda like an assault course. just something fun sociable and gets you fit.
    if you have any ideas or indeed want to do 5 a side let me know
    thanks

well for Cardio type stuff you could just walk + run or cycle? Running is great form of exercise and strips body fat like you wouldnt believe but many people are put off because they start out too fast and end up not being able to run very far. If you build up from brisk walk to jog to run for 5 mins + jog for5 mins etc you can build up a decent level of fitness ...

for resistance exercise you could try body weight exercises to start with like pushups - others will be able to offer better advice on the resistance side of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I can't recommend running highly enough for losing body fat. I could barely run for 20 minutes but two years later I ran the Dublin marathon in 3 hours 36 mins. Go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

I can't recommend sorting out your diet highly enough for losing body fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 zebulon

Pretty much what the other guys have said... Running is great for fitness and losing a few pound, but it depends what your diet is?! No point eating a load of crap and trying to go for a jog to burn it off because it's a lost cause. I can send you a list of food I go by and you will see results in fitness and physical side if you stick by it. PM your email and I'll send it if you want.

Advertisement