Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

u-20's dole cut

Options
  • 09-04-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

just wondering is it for new applicants this applys for that is just now applying for the dole
    or does some one whos on it for the last 5 mth be affected

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Just anyone who applies after May 1...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

http://www.rte.ie/money/budget2009/stories/2009/0407/budgetmeasures.html 11 collums down.....i also needed to make sure too:rolleyes:...we are safe my friend:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

cheers for that

its for my brother he be delighted now,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I think the main target, from what I've been told, was to stop people seeing the dole as a right of passage and then staying on it for life.

If it's disincentivised at the start, it'll be less likely to remain endemic in society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Which is all well and good if there were jobs for under-20s. Let's be honest here (without being patronising) any U20 job seeker is relatively unskilled or in a trade which requires apprenticeship. There are no jobs available for these kids. So the Government has hit another easy target and spun it to look like they're doing them a favour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

www.fas.ie show 1253 available courses.

Now I don't know what sort of capacity Fas have but I'm assuming there are courses there of interest to everyone.
    Maybe there would not be enough spaces, I've no way of knowing what's available. And yes, somebody is going to quote my post and tell me Fas are a joke of an organization but it's what we have.

Back in the day as an unskilled layabout :P I did a summer court with CERT in Limerick. That was the equivalent of Fas for the tourism and hotel sector and it was realy well run and excellent.
    It's seems it's run by Failte Ireland these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

mikemac wrote: »
    www.fas.ie show 1253 available courses.

Now I don't know what sort of capacity Fas have but I'm assuming there are courses there of interest to everyone.
    Maybe there would not be enough spaces, I've no way of knowing what's available. And yes, somebody is going to quote my post and tell me Fas are a joke of an organization but it's what we have.

Back in the day as an unskilled layabout :P I did a summer court with CERT in Limerick. That was the equivalent of Fas for the tourism and hotel sector and it was realy well run and excellent.
    It's seems it's run by Failte Ireland these days.

thats interesting mikemac, 1253 courses available

ive done computer courses with FAS in the past and have found them a pleasure to learn with..

nothing at all wrong with FAS,
    cheers for them facts :)

Problem with FAS is that when you do one of their courses you're out on your ass as far as they are concerned. They wont entertain the idea of putting you on a course until two years have passed since your last course ended.

Advertisement