Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

a selection of photos taken over the last 20 years

Options
  • 09-04-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Got a scanner and i thought i'd load up some of the photos i've taken both from shows and on the street
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

1959 Mini taken in Bray

From my Triumph club days

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

Nice photos.
    Any idea what happened the Mini? 50 years old this year!
    I see XZH the convertible Herald too, it appeared a few times in Glenroe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭VWPowered

great pics thanks for sharing, love the herald collection:cool:

A couple of Austin Healey Sprite MK11s - i've loads more to add, keep watching for updates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

DarenO wrote: »
    Got a scanner and i thought i'd load up some of the photos i've taken both from shows and on the street

Most probably the last Irish assembled '50 Dodge Coronet left on the road.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your photos.

A tale of two Shamrocks, i've no idea if efforts were made to restore the Wexford one but the photo was taken back in the late eighties in Wexford

DaveCol wrote: »
    Nice photos.
    Any idea what happened the Mini? 50 years old this year!
    I see XZH the convertible Herald too, it appeared a few times in Glenroe

When i enquired about buying it, it had already been promised to someone else, a few weeks after that, the opel and mini were gone, they also had a few other cars including an opel rekord coupe which also disappeared, i've never seen any of the cars since unfortunately

XZH belonged to a guy in Blackrock, his sons were into MGs but he had a few Triumphs and occasionally came on runs with the club

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

Hi DarenO,Do you have any more old photos from your Triumph days as we are always intersted in old photos of club cars from the past,at present we still have about 80 members in the T.C.O.C. although a lot have moved on from the Herald and gone for the more sporty models also if anyone else has any of old Irish Triumphs it would be great if they would oblige by posting them as a lot of the older photos have not been seen by many.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

A tale of two Shamrocks, i've no idea if efforts were made to restore the Wexford one but the photo was taken back in the late eighties in Wexford

I saw that Shamrock running at a show in Enniscorthy in around 1991 or 92. Great photos! Keep them coming

• Advertisement

TRNiall

i've quite a few of photos from the early days of the club, i'll get them posted at some stage, here's four more to keep you going, whereabouts in Tallaght are you as my in-laws live in Balrothery so i'm there a lot.

For the Volkswagen lovers amongst us, a split and an oval

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

TRNiall

i've quite a few of photos from the early days of the club, i'll get them posted at some stage, here's four more to keep you going, whereabouts in Tallaght are you as my in-laws live in Balrothery so i'm there a lot.
    Thanks DarenO,Im on the corner of the Greennhills rd and the Castletymon rd,the 2 houses facing the gates of the park, drop in some time your passing have a chat about old times might even sell you a Triumph or 2.

a couple of Sunbeam Alpines DNI was taken in Harolds Cross Church, were the Jaguar Club started the event that is now Terenure, there would have been only 40/50 car spaces, HZC was taken in the RDS not sure what year but there was a classic car show and sale.

for Ford fans, a couple of pics of my dads cars, a Cortina Lotus and 3 litre Capri

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Gel

Is that an Opel Rekord behind the 59 Mini? I'd love to get one of those. My Father had one JIO 648 in 1968/69

Gel wrote: »
    Is that an Opel Rekord behind the 59 Mini? I'd love to get one of those. My Father had one JIO 648 in 1968/69

it is an Opel Rekord, i'll post a pic of the car later, they had a coupe as well but that was hidden behind a few cortinas and all the cars disappeared at the same time.

Darren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭VWPowered

hi, great pics i took the chance to edit that last one to get its colours back to normal, great old pics too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

its great to see so many Irish cars. Now do they still ALL survive????:)

Gel, here's the Opel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

jez !!!!!!!!!! they were big werent they :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Cool pictures indeed.

Advertisement