Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies

Options
  • 09-04-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi Ladies, just looking for a bit of feedback here. Recently I have started fixing GHD hair straighteners for a few people, basically I want to know if this is something many people would be interested in or would most people just buy new ones??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

They are pretty expensive to buy so if you are able to fix a broken pair I'm sure you'd have a roaring trade as a side-line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

my friend screwed me out of a perfectly fuctioning ghd.

i took apart the plug thinking it was the plug when its started to go on the fritz after three years, turned out to be an american plug re-adapted to a three pronged european one, i was going to bin it eventually, left it in the sitting room, housemate took it and her dad put a whole new plug on it and it works perfectly. (something i only found out recently)

while i went out and forked out €170 for a new one! grrr...mad...:mad:

so yes. i think you would have a roaring trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Sorry but I think that you absolutely would not get much business. Ive a GHD and it was bloody expensive when I got it but I wouldn't chance getting something like that fixed that is so close to my skin and (obivously) my hair every day. Id just buy a new one. When I lived with one of my friends she was straightening her hair one day and all of a sudden a flame of fire came out of the GHD. Thank god she was ok, but they can be very dangerous.

Are you a qualified electrican? And even if you are I cant see electicians getting GHD training:). Sorry that was a bit cheeky but you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I would definitely want to get my ghd fixed instead of buying a new one, most of the time when they break it's something very fix-able anyway, why shell out €170 for a new one?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'd be interested in buying a refurbished GHD.

I've never been able to afford one, it's mental what they want for them frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nhore

i have had 2 ghds break in the past and had to buy new ones which are bloody expensive! then i seen an ad on adverts.ie, i got my ghd fixed by this fella for €20: i posted it, he fixed it and i got it back three days later and its working as good as new....i'm delighted with it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Definitely! Mine stopped working after about 4 years so I bought a new one, but I would have got it fixed it there was an option to.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭legin500

Thanks for the feedback..... looks like i'm going to go ahead with this. Seems most people would rather get them fixed than buy new ones......hopefully!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I've just pm'ed you!Mine broke yesterday and its not the fuse.Really cant afford to fork out money for a new one.
    Looks like you already have your first customer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

ok guys im sorry but im locking this thread, not deleting it but locking it. Its great that you have found a market for your talent but you cannot advertise on board, i know that probably was not your intention and that is why you are not up for a site ban.

Jules

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement