Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMEI Problem

• 09-04-2009 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I have quite the problem.
    I have a Samsung SGH-E700 and decided I should unlock it earlier today, it went fine and a Tesco Mobile SIM and Vodafone SIM worked fine in it, however when I put my Meteor SIM back in the network is blocking me. I assume the problem is that when I was unlocking it I reset it and that changed the IMEI to default. So now, the IMEI of the phone is 00000000000000/0. The Meteor network probably sees this as very bad. However, the IMEI is still written on the back of the phone, so is there any software I can use to write it to the phone?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This is a know problem with doing this. You should have done a bit more searching about this, its well known for this phone. You cant get the imei back on the phone know. They only people will be samsung and they will charge you for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Davy wrote: »
    This is a know problem with doing this. You should have done a bit more searching about this, its well known for this phone. You cant get the imei back on the phone know. They only people will be samsung and they will charge you for this.

I wouldn't agree with that, it can definitely be done if you have box for it. (which I clearly don't have.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Adro947 wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with that, it can definitely be done if you have box for it. (which I clearly don't have.)

Changing the IMEI of a phone is illegal......I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There won't be any talk of IMEI changing here OP. If I've misunderstood please drop me a PM though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Thread reopened - let's try keep to the OPs question and not drift in terms of IMEI changing.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

call up meteor and complain about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Found a temporary solution to the problem - manually selecting Vodafone for the network, can't be done though if the phone finds Meteor first though, so you have to be quick. Have already bought a Renoir anyway, so I'll be able to deal with it until it arrives! :).

Advertisement