Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbour knocked house, then the connecting wall, now have huge exposed holes

• 09-04-2009 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

So, neighbour knocked their house, and then knocked the connecting wall (shared wall) between the houses.
    We are now left with huge holes in the living room, which the builders have only covered with plastic sheet, the holes are so big you can walk through. the pastic sheet is only covering half the exposed area.
    the roof is also open on this side.

Where do we stand with this?
    Should we be getting an engineer to see what they are going to replace this with.
    Neighbour knows we are living in, what is basically a building site and has not been very helpful.
    They have said that wife and child can stay somewhere, but I'd have to stay in the house (in case of break in)
    Am extremely annoyed with the whole thing, amd am also wondering if I should be seeking legal advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Thats just balls.Sorry to hear that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Would planning permission come into this? Did they have any?

That's insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

amd am also wondering if I should be seeking legal advice.

Don't spend too long wondering about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭silversurfer

they're related to us and seem to be taking the p-ss

There was planning done years ago (had nearly run out as far as I can tell) and he showed us plans (which seem to have changed quite a bit from then). aparently this wall was a 'take it as it comes' bit of the job, as in they weren't sure what the wall was really like.

they also mentioned that the wall was theirs (the house were built nearly 200 years ago) even though the fireplace and chimleys were connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

:eek::eek::eek:take photos. tape conversations ( mobile phone in pocket ) . call your local authority building control and enforcement . call the health and safety authority . call gerry ryan . call the cops . go 'kin nuclear .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I'd love to see a picture of this? It sounds like a crazy thing to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭silversurfer

taken today about 6:30pm

Mod edit: Images removed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Legal issues here. See a solicitor.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement