Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den- Final in Series

Options
  • 09-04-2009 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭

Just watching it here. Sarah throwing a hissy fit for being ignored :D.....
    wonder will hell freeze over and she might invest in something. Stranger things have happened I suppose...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I honestly don't believe she ever had any intention of investing in it ... any excuse by her really

oh btw: I am delighted it is the final in the series :D.

When was this all recorded? Will they do a review on the products that some of the dragons invested in I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

She's made an offer....wants a higher % than the other two guys for the same money...apparently her expertise is so bloody valuable :rolleyes:.

Nah, for his own sake he definitely made the right decision...well done to him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

If there is another series hopefully she'll not be back, can't stand her and her manner. I see they got rid of the zoomy camera guy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Poor Dj. Wonder what he sees in her. If there is a new series they should get rid of her. No point having her if she isnt going to invest in anything. She's so up her own hole too, she set up a fecking website and got lucky. I dont see why she thinks she better than the rest of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I know they read these forums in the RTE buildings, please get rid of Sarah from DD.. We simply can't take anymore!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I'd hate to spend Xmas in her house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Prophet

She's unnecessarily dour on the programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

It was very coincidental that she came in with a big offer in the final episode. She wanted 5% more than the other two dragons.
    I'd much prefer to have two dragon's on board with a less percentage stake, than one dragon with a greater percentage stake, it just makes a lot more sense, and I think Sarah knew this.

So there we have it, a whole series without a single investment from Sarah 'I'm out' Newman.

That was very entrepreneurial indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

as if the gentleman remark was the only reason she pulled out, she tried a make a stand on femininist grounds and just showed how much a waste of space she is.

then she did herself out of a good deal just cos she so desperate to be a take no prisoners business women, although the guy was milking it, don't why he went into the room with the intention to get her,

where does yerman get his seeds from?, how does one harvest seeds grow plant and then shake them into trays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

people were suggesting in after hours that people were being mysoginistic by calling her a bitch, but just how much more easy going the other guys are , firm but easy going. and willing to make an punt for the purpose of the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

as if the gentleman remark was the only reason she pulled out, she tried a make a stand on femininist grounds and just showed how much a waste of space she is.

then she did herself out of a good deal just cos she so desperate to be a take no prisoners business women, although the guy was milking it, don't why he went into the room with the intention to get her,

where does yerman get his seeds from?, how does one harvest seeds grow plant and then shake them into trays?

That was so funny, the way she pretended to love the product and would have invested only for he was a chauvinist pig. The product was crap, but she was correct in that the fella was a chauvinist d**k in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

zudo wrote: »
    That was so funny, the way she pretended to love the product and would have invested only for he was a chauvinist pig. The product was crap, but she was correct in that the fella was a chauvinist d**k in fairness.

Was there any reports that that fella actually made it out of the studio alive? I thought he was gonna collapse with a heart attack or something on stage. Oh, sh!te product too!
    But he's just 1 year off 60 ... so in his own mind he's allowed be a chauvinist d**k, its just normal!

Didnt really see the point of the wedding aisle runner either. Seemed a lot of hassle, and money, for something that will just get rolled up and thrown in the attic!

3D photography thing looked interesting, pity they didnt give it more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I thought it was hilarious (in a rubbish rubbish way) Sarah no money almost had a heart attack when that guy looked like he was considering accepting her obviously fake offer, so she had to shout at him to put him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

zudo wrote: »

With women as irritating and big headed as her no wonder there are chauvinists about.. She thinks she's Trump with breasts, she enjoyed an extraordinary amount of luck with her website, and I for one hope I never set eyes on her again.. DJ Carey's taste is clearly buried in his cavity.. Throughout the series she pulled every stunt in the book to avoid paying out, unlike the other Dragons who understood the show was not just a vehicle to promote their own image.. Be gone you malignant Essex so and so..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Akrasia wrote: »
    I thought it was hilarious (in a rubbish rubbish way) Sarah no money almost had a heart attack when that guy looked like he was considering accepting her obviously fake offer, so she had to shout at him to put him off.

Yeah it was ridiculous. Unbelievably the guy was seriously considering her offer ahead of the other one so she had to remind him quickly that she had no expertise in the field while the two lads did. She was nearly caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It would have been hillarious if he had accepted her "offer". :D

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It would have been hillarious if he had accepted her "offer". :D
    Could you imagine her trying to help him run a business :rolleyes:, he might have some luck if he came up with a good website name for her to then sell :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

The other excuse that hadn't been mentioned by Earthworm Sarah was I think you two are just brilliant so I'm out. WTF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Seillejet wrote: »
    The other excuse that hadn't been mentioned by Earthworm Sarah was I think you two are just brilliant so I'm out. WTF!!
    Yeah, I actually hit the 'rewind' on Sky+ on that one. "You're brilliant, so I'm out?".

Has she invested in anything throughout the series?

Has she invested in anything throughout the series?
    Not a red cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Not a red cent.

Are you sure about this though. I looked at the website and you can only see the last four episodes online, as the others have "expired". I can only remember her offering to buy 51% of a business, which is a fkn takeover not an investment. Greedy b*atch.

She showed her true colours when that genuine (albeit maybe a bit backward) oul lad with the shelving system came in.

She made a few offers but none were accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Those 6 weeks flew by!

UK girlie has to go. There must be some Irish businesswoman with plenty of sass for this.

Also; did anyone hear the legend that is Sean Gallagher on Turbidy? He mentioned some of the comments that were made here on Boards about him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So this season/series ends without a single investment from Sarah "I'm out" Newman... no surprise there! I sincerely hope she won't be back next time.

Yer man with his seeds (although I have to admit I wondered if it might have been staged for the last episode) made the right choice going with the two lads. As someone else said, 2 dragons are better than one, and that aside I'd personally rather walk away with nothing than have her "chasing me" as he put it. I was surprised Gavin declared himself out early, but he looked very bemused with the antics that followed.

I thought the 2 girls with the wedding rug might get something. Myself and the other half were having the argument as to its viability - she said it was tacky and only good for one day, but I countered that women/couples happily spend a fortune on "one day" and the fabled dress will then live in a wardrobe afterwards.. the debate continues! :p

The guy with his shelves got a hard time I thought.. i don't think he was intending to be deliberately sexist with his "even a housewife can do it" comment, but Sarah went WAYYYY over the top with her feminist outrage - again though, seeing as her reaction was a teaser on last week's show, it may just have been for ratings (still want her to go though!)

I was surprised that the first guy with the wall tack device got an investment - particularly from Gavin - as I can't really see the mass-market appeal myself, plus it didn't seem to work as easily as the guy claimed.

Anyway, all in all a fairly decent reproduction of the UK version with Gavin and Sean being the standout Dragons for me. Bobby and to an extent Niall aren't as good but at least they did make a few investments over the show.
    I think EVERYONE can agree Sarah brought nothing to the show - the only serious offer she did make, she wanted 51% and to make the girl an employee.. not quite the idea behind Dragons Den.

Hopefully it'll be back for season 2 - hopefully with a new Dragon (or two)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I thought the 2 girls with the wedding rug might get something.

I agree, the two girls were very impressive people. And when you see the ****e that that idiot Franc and his rich kids fritter away money on, there is definitely a market for it. Just a pity they didnt market the thing 10 years ago. I know this is the same point for all businesses, but particularly so for this as it is such a luxury item.
    Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    The guy with his shelves got a hard time I thought.. i don't think he was intending to be deliberately sexist with his "even a housewife can do it" comment, but Sarah went WAYYYY over the top with her feminist outrage -

To be fair to the guy, and I listened for those having seen the promo: He actually said "a housewife could do it", he did not say EVEN. This was what Sarah said back to him, encouraging him to repeat. And he didnt get the point that she was trying to make. Hope this is the last we see of her on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I know the Fiánce of the "Buttons" girl who Sarah tried to Offer 51% for. He was telling me that the Cow tried to put serious pressure on her to sell for the 51% that was cut out in the editing. Thats why Gavin offered the 4% because he didn't like what they were doing. I might ad she had no intention of selling to her.

I cant stand her TBH, even her going nuts at the "a housewife can do it" comment I can understand but not agree with. But the episode that killed me was that she threw a strop because she wasn't the target market for two girls clothing saying something like I'm too old so how can I invest. I'm sure if a UK dragon or any investor heard this rubbish they would Laugh their asses off. For the love of god I mean did she even realise what she was saying. I'm all for equality but it seems to me that they only threw her in so they can have a female presenter.

TBF debra meeden on the UK dragons den she has an extensive knowledge and can allot of the time find a fault with a pitch that I missed by a mile.

I say get rid of her and bring in anyone else. Painfull painfull woman and I'd say a complete Bitch to boot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement