Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

View recent Dail footage?

Options
  • 09-04-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I was just reading in the Independent today how Eamon Gilmore tore into the Greens yesterday in the Dail. Is there anywhere I can see this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

This is yesterdays Oireactas Report.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0408/oireachtasreport_av.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dean D

Dean D wrote: »

That was Pat Rabbitte today in the Dail. Purple Gorilla was asking for yesterday's showing.

The Raven. wrote: »
    That was Pat Rabbitte today in the Dail. Purple Gorilla was asking for yesterday's showing.
    No, that was Pat Rabbitte on the 8th (which was yesterday when PG posted). PG did ask for Eamon Gilmore tearing into the Greens but I think s/he might have meant Pat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Thanks both of you :) The Pat Rabitte Video has been favourited :P

EDIT: Yep I did mean Pat

• Advertisement

I have to agree. Pat Rabbitte was excellent! He had the whole house in fits. The only person who kept a sour face was you know who :mad::D!!

I must have a look at these clips again. Eamon Gilmore was very strong in his demand for the resignation of the whole of Fianna Fail, from what I remember. It came across well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I have one more question which this just reminded me of..(It's probably a stupid question but..) Once the General Elections come around and FF lose their majority, can the Dáil not just have a Vote of no confidence?

I have one more question which this just reminded me of..(It's probably a stupid question but..) Once the General Elections come around and FF lose their majority, can the Dáil not just have a Vote of no confidence?
    The Dáil gets dissolved when a general election is called and the new Dáil has to elect a Taoiseach when it convenes, so there's no need for a vote of no confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Great stuff from Pat Rabitte - The Greens are really developing into the laughing stock they've always promised to be....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Labour are getting a vote from me through that speech alone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement