Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A+ network

Options
  • 09-04-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, I'm looking for some advice, I've just completed an A+ technicians course and was thinking of taking the A+ Network course. Is it a good move? I'm trying to get a career in IT. Thanks.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It's a great introduction to networking if you're keen to improve your understanding, I'd definitely recommend it.
    In terms of starting a career though, you should probably consider it one step on a longer road of certification. (Microsoft + Cisco certs, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

The A+ and Net+ are good introductory courses and Cisco gives some credit towards the CCNA if you have these qualifications, no credit towards the Microsoft exams though,

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If you have both the A+ and Network+, that counts as the elective for the MCSA 2003.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Yes a good next step if you do not have much experience, will give you a good foundation knowledge of networking that can lead onto MCSA/CCNA depending on which area you wish to get into.

Also counts as one MCP if you go down MSCA route.

Advertisement