Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unexpected catch in larsen trap!!!

Options
  • 09-04-2009 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

checked trap this eve and caught a magpie, there were a good few more calling in trees around the trap so i left it until it got dark to feed the caller and despatch the catch. when i went back i found a hen pheasant caught as well. i broke up a few boiled potatoes in the trap on monday but there wasnt much left and i dont think she was interested in the callers dog food.is this a common thing? has anyone else caught anything different in them?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

That's a strange one ok. Maybe she was originally a released bird and was drawn to the wire cage or maybe she just loved spuds!
    Trust you let her go and wrung the other guys neck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

i've had a young cat a rat a trush and a sparrow hawk, mate had pine martin last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

ya. she flew off perfectly. the magpie didnt!!. there are pheasant this field all the time. 2 horses in field so 24/7 food. the clubs rearing pens are big so even if she is the cage should not have any memorys..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

brieny1000 wrote: »
    the magpie didnt!!.

Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Let me see,
    Cats, Mink, Blackbird, Rat, Pigeon and off course the neighbours terrier one day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

A couple of fox cubs in a friend of mine's side entry traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

A polar bear????

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

No, the polar bear caught a woman. :)

Joke. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

She's the odds on favourite for a Darwin Award anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

just an update on the trap, hen pheasant went back into trap monday morning and magpie killed her:mad::mad: just hope she didnt have a clutch somewhere,i have checked around but cant find anything..i have asked a lot of people about it and no one can explain it. there was no food to attract her, only dog food.. would the hen be agressive to magpie????:confused:

Advertisement