Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Account in the North

Options
  • 10-04-2009 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Mods, please feel to move if need be.

I'm going the North tomorrow, can I open a bank account up there, even though I have an account down here. Can anyone please advise me??

Peter

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I doubt it, cos it's a bank holiday tomorrow! The banks will be closed!

It is possible to open an account in the north, I think their criteria are similar to here: bring proof of ID and proof of Address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

You will also have to make an appointment for this in advance - it can take as long as 2 weeks to get one with some of the banks :eek: I had to do this a while back (contract work) and I couldn't believe how long it took. I went round all of the banks in the nearest town and took the shortest waitng time - a week. It might be shorter now, of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Just rang First Trust Bank, and they said an appointment would have to be made, crazy as banks in mainland Europe and Ireland are grand, because they don't need an appointment.

Peter

Advertisement