Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for the Folks - Galway City

Options
  • 10-04-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm heading into town tomorrow to buy a laptop for the folks for under 400 euros, does anyone know of any deals. I'm looking for:

15/13"
    2GB+
    160GB+
    Core2Duo 2ghz+ or better?
    Webcam, bluetooth etc

I don't mind the make really, just something for browsing/mail. I can't get a netbook as the screen is too small.

I'll probably be heading to PC World, Currys and D.I.D - Any where else that might have something along those lines?

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

there was a pc world brochure in with todays advertiser, lots of laptops under 400 e.... im sure if you go in they will give you all the sales spiel themselves but i saw dell, hp, acer,compaq & packard bell all advertsied in the brochure so im sure there are bargains to be found!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Nice one - Any other shops in Galway that sell Laptops?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

As much as I hate recommending them, PC World will probably be your best bet price wise. Rock and ahrd place when you have to choose between Maplin and PC World for anything....worth checking in Currys too but they are part of the same parent company as PC World.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I know Tesco & Dunnes were selling laptops recently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

Also have a look at laptek in town, they have some good stuff. They are at the top of woodquay/bottom of Eyre Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Aldi have something along that spec in Westside.

Advertisement