Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old ISDN Boxes/New Netopia Router - Worth Anything ?

Options
  • 10-04-2009 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Doing a bit of a spring clean, and I have two Eircom ISDN boxes from prior to my broadband installation, and I also have an extra brand new Netopia 3341 broadband router.

Was going to stick these on adverts if they worth anything ? Else its off to the recycling graveyard !

Let me know what you think.

Thanks. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Netopia yes.

The ISDN boxes no. Though if the ISDN are the bit that goes on wall, the ISDN boxes belong to eircom and occasionally people do get ISDN installed. Send them to eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

watty wrote: »
    The Netopia yes.

The ISDN boxes no. Though if the ISDN are the bit that goes on wall, they belong to eircom and occasionally people do get ISDN installed. Send them to eircom.

Thanks Watty.

Yes, the ISDN box goes on the wall and takes a feed from the phone socket. If I recall correctly you then connect your phone and pc connection to it. Returning to Eircom sounds like work.......I think I might just through it in with the Netopia as an extra or else, failing that drop off at the electrical recycling area.

So what price range should I be considering/expecting for the Netopia, it is brand new/unused ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Magzr

about €10 for the netopia.

All it would be good for now is a 4 port switch (once you turn off DHCP on it)

Magzr wrote: »
    about €10 for the netopia.

All it would be good for now is a 4 port switch (once you turn off DHCP on it)

It doesn't have 4 ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Magzr

€1 so!

Face it, they are worth nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/3341.html

Sadly it's the basic version of the family with no 4 port switch or WiFi.

Thanks Guys, recycle graveyard it is..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

watty wrote: »
    http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/3341.html

Sadly it's the basic version of the family with no 4 port switch or WiFi.
    Why would that be worth nothing? If it supports ADSL2+ then its of value, and if you use DSL I wouldnt part with it so quickly.

Most of those SOHO routers are pretty limited, and I choose to put mine in bridge-mode, and use a PC with two network cards, running linux, as my firewall and router. I've yet to see a modem/router provided by an ISP that understands the simple concept of: block everything, allow some.

Advertisement