Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

filter for a bigma and lousy customer service

• 10-04-2009 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi i have just purchased a Sigma 50-500 and i want to protect it with a filter just to prevent damage. I haven't a clue which one to buy . Do i buy a really expensive Sigma one or a cheapo generic one. Will i notice any difference between the two .I try to take wildlife photos . Also whilst i am posting , is there a protocol for warning others about the lousy service offered by certain online photo retailers ? After waiting six weeks for the above lens i was told my order had been canceled for no apparent reason and the site still advertises it as in stock. Im disgusted and want to name and shame . I emailed them twice for update and delivery was still promised ,no money was taken from visa so technically there was no legal contract . But as customer service goes this is crap . Can i name them ?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I've seen hoya commonly pop up on the forum one here :http://cgi.ebay.ie/Hoya-86mm-86-mm-UV-O-filter-0584_W0QQitemZ310131324715QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_JN?hash=item310131324715&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

As for the online retailer i'm sure you're allowed to name them,As it will only be helping us and saving us from having the same trouble as you..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The filter you are looking for is a UV Filter. As this will be an element of your lens I would spend the extra & get a good brand. I use Hoya myself & have ordered them from 7dayshop.com & MyMemory.co.uk While you are at it you may want to get a Circular Polarising Filter.

You can name the supplier as long as you state the facts and make sure it's not speculation as that could be libelous. This is the same as posts praising good service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭paddyenglishman

Cheers for the filter advice .

As for the lousy customer service and cancellation
    Photosolution co. uk is the company
    Item ordered on 6th march
    After enquiring where it was on the 14th of march was told it would be 2 weeks
    We are sorry that the item you have placed order for, is not in stock therefore we have CANCELED your order and your Card has not been charged.#
    Best Regards

Photo Solution sales Team

such a brilliant customer relations technique

Oh and checking their website today , lo and behold there it is IN STOCK

whilst in my initial post i said 6 weeks i apologise to the said company it was only 4 weeks . Well done lads you are customer relations geniuses .

rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Hi i have just purchased a Sigma 50-500 and i want to protect it with a filter just to prevent damage. I haven't a clue which one to buy . Do i buy a really expensive Sigma one or a cheapo generic one. Will i notice any difference between the two .I try to take wildlife photos ...

I have to comment on this.

I own a Sigma 50-500mm lens which I dropped last year. The damage it suffered was not to the front elements but to the lens barrel which had to be replaced. A filter would have done nothing for me in that case.

If you're going to go down that road, you need either a Skylight or a UV filter. As that lens has an 86mm diameter I wish you luck in finding filters to fit it. They are not common and where you can find them they are not particularly cheap either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

You can buy 86mm filters on line from www.adorama.com U.V $34 U.S and a skylight $79 U.S Dollars. Both are TIFFEN

Advertisement