Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70-291 aka "The beast"

Options
  • 10-04-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Anyone taken this recently ? Is the nickname deserved ?

Have it booked for the end of the month, just finished CBT nuggets, have also used MS Press and have a fair bit of expierience in the field, still found it a lot to take in though. Will get my MCSA 2003 if , eh .... i mean, when I pass.

Oh and RRAS , seriously ?? Has anybody used that in the real world ? Ive never once seen it used.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

i did this exam last year, it a tough enough going but if you have alot of experine you should be ok.

I used CBT Nuggents and test questions and have a good bit of experience also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Gaz wrote: »
    Is the nickname deserved ?

I've never heard the nickname, but I don't understand how people consider this exam difficult. If you have any problems with 70-291, you'll be screwed for 70-294.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

FruitLover wrote: »
    I've never heard the nickname, but I don't understand how people consider this exam difficult. If you have any problems with 70-291, you'll be screwed for 70-294.

291 isn't so hard if you have studied and practiced your stuff. I've taken it this year and it was fine.

@FruitLover - thats a bit of an overstatement. The 294 is (for the most part) trivial if you have any experience with AD Sites and Services, Users and Computers, Group Policy and best practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

iRock wrote: »
    The 294 is (for the most part) trivial if you have any experience with AD Sites and Services, Users and Computers, Group Policy and best practices.

As is 291. Which was kind of my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

294 seems a little easier, than 291 just started studyin for it CBT Nuggets ROCKS and go aload of lab work:)

• Advertisement

FruitLover wrote: »
    As is 291. Which was kind of my point.

Sorry, I think perhaps I misunderstood. Although I dont see the similarities.
    291 and 293 are an extension of each other... but 294 - thats different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

It is a tougher exam than the client or server ones, or most of the popular electives, so I think it is deserving of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Just the amount that you have to learn is the tough part as it covers quite alot of material. I spent the most amount of time studying for this one out of the 7 by quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Right, passed this yesterday and it wasnt as bad as expected. Looks like Microsoft have made the questions more to the point, those essay long scenarios where noticably absent.

DNS, DHCP, RRAS and WSUS 3.0 made up the bulk and some straight forward sims.

MCSA achieved !

Congrats on the pass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Well done man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

N/A

Advertisement