Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property for sale again

Options
  • 10-04-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice the increase in the amount of residential for sale signs lately ? There seemed to be very little for months, I started to notice this last week, it must be as a result of the announcement that the marked bottomed out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

it's a spring/summer bonanza, never been a better time to buy.

Crack open the champers

it's back on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

2qk4u wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the increase in the amount of residential for sale signs lately ? There seemed to be very little for months, I started to notice this last week, it must be as a result of the announcement that the marked bottomed out ?

Put it this way:

Step One: Market 'bottoms out'
    Step Two: People put lots of properties up for sale
    Step Three: Prices fall again

I don't think your theory makes much sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

Looks no different to me than it has been all year, and ive been keeping an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Daftwatch just shows the normal steady climb.

Still rentals are shooting up in the Dublin are at a faster rate than the sales graph. I would expect a few rentals to be dumped as sales due to a few people been squeezed after the budget.
    Then again, rentals could be climbing further because some speculators realise that they have to rent out their gaff to earn some dosh due to the tightening budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

gurramok wrote: »
    Still rentals are shooting up in the Dublin are at a faster rate than the sales graph. I would expect a few rentals to be dumped as sales due to a few people been squeezed after the budget.
    That's what I've seen recently. Houses in established areas that were temporarily put out to rent and vacant are now up for sale. Combined with the usual spring season, this probably accounts for the slight increase the OP is seeing.
    2qk4u wrote:
    There seemed to be very little for months, I started to notice this last week, it must be as a result of the announcement that the marked bottomed out ?
    Curious OP which announcement are you referring to? Short of few opinion pieces in property advertorials and a couple of stock comments from estate agents I don't think I've heard any serious announcement of that nature. Even today's PR piece by AIB aimed at FTBs still predicts a decline in prices this year and next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

That's what I've seen recently. Houses in established areas that were temporarily put out to rent and vacant are now up for sale. Combined with the usual spring season, this probably accounts for the slight increase the OP is seeing.

Curious OP which announcement are you referring to? Short of few opinion pieces in property advertorials and a couple of stock comments from estate agents I don't think I've heard any serious announcement of that nature. Even today's PR piece by AIB aimed at FTBs still predicts a decline in prices this year and next year.

Just talking about the news, it was on the news a couple of weeks ago. Maybe theres no increase, just thought there were more for sale signs apearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

it must be as a result of the announcement that the marked bottomed out ?

Where was this official announcement that the Market Has Bottomed Out? I must have missed that.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

oceanclub wrote: »
    Where was this official announcement that the Market Has Bottomed Out? I must have missed that.

P.

The Property Market has bottomed out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

oceanclub wrote: »

P.

The market has bottomed out every month since April 2006, haven't you been watching!!??
    Now do your patriotic duty and buy an apartment somewhere, anywhere, and be happy you are now on the ladder....*

*Ladders may go down as well as up. Rent is dead money**
    ** To developers.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

connundrum wrote: »

Oh, well, if Isabel Morton says it has, it must have. I mean, not only are interior designers the best experts on property price trends, they are totally unbiased with no interest in encouraging people to buy more houses to do up.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Properties for sale on Daft:

Found 71,605 Matches. Showing matches 1 to 10 below

The old fashioned way of using physical for sale signs to get a picture of the health of the property market died out with tinternet.

This 'Bottoming Out' talk is exhausting. The price rises in the property took about 10 years to reach the uber inflated peaks we saw in '06/'07, things have happened quickly in a macro economic term in our economy. The Price fall will will also happen fast in economic terms but slow in our eyes because we are analyzing it on a daily basis, In my opinion the market wont fully reach 'the bottom' for about 5 years....

I spend a few hours on Daft every day, what amazes me is the number of Ex-Council houses for sale in the 400k region...It is laughable.

I appreciate people want to sell their property for the highest price possible but when the power is in the hands of buyers who want to buy at the lowest price possible there is only going to be one winner in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

connundrum wrote: »

From the property section of today's Irish Times:

Fool me once shame on you...

Advertisement