Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should Geog answers be?

Options
  • 10-04-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi!
    Just wondering roughly how long should geography answers be. I know its difficult to say. But just say a 30 mark question, with medium handwriting, would that be about a page and a half?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

my 30 mark ones are a little more than 3/4 of an A4 page but it doesnt matter! As long as you have 15 srp's you'll get all the marks. Thats just 15 relevant facts (or sometimes waffle) about the question and you have 30 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

As Dubs said....its more about quality than quantity. As long as you get 15 SRPs in you'll be fine. My answers are roughly about an A4 page to a page and a half but thats just me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

Just make sure your srps are adequate and don't waffle. Examiners don't like that. Make it effective. I used to write about a page sometimes a page and a half for 30 mark question and I have big handwriting. Came out with a B1 in it so clearly did nothing wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I have an inkling that overall cohesion will be brought back this year for the 30 mark questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

JSK 252 wrote: »
    I have an inkling that overall cohesion will be brought back this year for the 30 mark questions.
    Surely that cant be done without a little warning, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Jammyc wrote: »
    Surely that cant be done without a little warning, no?

They got rid of it in 2007 without any warning. But it would be better for all of us who are going for high grades because we would have to write less.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

I always used to say 30 marks 30 pages. or was that 30 lines? not too sure

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

my teacher said they change the marking scheme every year for geog, in 2006 they were looking for 12 srps they have increased by 1 each year since thats why its safer to learn 15 srps for yor answers

Advertisement