Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A boards league table measuring performance improvement

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Paperripper

Just did my retest and forwarded the results.

Happy enough with the result considering I wasn't able to run for the last 1.5 weeks due to a bad cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

retest? Aww :( I'll do it over the weekend. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cesytnuochtaem

Result on its way. Using High Score plugin for Sportstrack I identified the longest distance traveled in 12 minutes in last Friday's Simon Cumber 6K in Navan.

Maybe I didn't push quite that hard on the initial test :rolleyes:

cesynuochtaem [alter-ego of meathcountysec]

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Using High Score plugin for Sportstrack I identified the longest distance traveled in 12 minutes

thanks cesynuochtaem I hope you picked 12 consecutive minutes and not some random set of individual ones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Did my retest this morning- I didnt manage to kick my own ass after all but did manage to run the whole thing this time. Next time I'm going to blow myself out of the water:D

• Advertisement

Bally8 wrote: »
    Did my retest this morning- I didnt manage to kick my own ass after all but did manage to run the whole thing this time. Next time I'm going to blow myself out of the water:D

Well done Bally8 - that's the spirit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Only sending my first one now - have a few 2 mile races over the next 2 months so no excuses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I finally did my retest this morning and am happy to report some improvement :) Sorry it's taken so long lecheile. PM on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

sorry if it's in the thread i couldn't see it, how are people measuring the distance?

get someone else to clock it or?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

This thread seems to have gotten lost :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You are right Munster_Gal - there have been a few retest results submitted but more to come (I expect!). I'll produce an updated list of those with re-test scores registered. If you have a retest result or want to submit an initial results PM me the details.

ntlbell wrote: »
    sorry if it's in the thread i couldn't see it, how are people measuring the distance?

get someone else to clock it or?

Ideally you should complete on a flat surface of a known distance - a running track is ideal. Keep running for 12 minutes and count your laps and the portion of the last lap. If you have a GPS watch go for a run along a flat route, no GPS - use a treadmill or failing that use something like mapmyrun to measure the distance that you covered in the 12 minutes. If you can get comeone else to monitor the time - even better.

The method of measuring is not as important as the concistency of the method of measurement between tests.

Advertisement