Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handing out leaflets?

Options
  • 10-04-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am in the process of establishing a business in Galway City and county and I am wondering if it’s against the city by-laws to hand out leaflets in Galway city as a method of advertising?

Thanks,

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You need a permit afaik.
    I heard of a restaurant getting done for not having a permit, probably because of litter issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Depending on your business model, obviously, would you maybe be better off dropping leaflets in letter boxes?

I know any leaflets that get shoved into my hand on the street go into the very next bin I come across. At least I tend to read ones in my letter box, and very occasionally don't bin them straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭uturnin6weeks

Thanks for that. Yes I am going to do leaflet drops, radio ad's, newspaper advertising etc.. I just thought it would be good to hand out leaflets also. I might change that to handing out pens or something so I won't get 'done'. I wonder if I did have to apply for a permit how much it would cost?

Any ideas?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

If you get caught for handing them out for a first offence its genrally a fine of €190 so if your handing out 1000 flyers(you might get caught before the 1000 flyers are handed out) it works out an additional cost of 19cent per flyer which IMO is not worth it because people generally wont read them...

Ok thats cool. I am thinking twice about it. I think I will stick with a leaflet drop.

Thanks so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I hate leaflets. they get chucked into the nearest bin when I'm handed one in town..as for the ones coming in the door, they are chucked straight into the recycling bin..pens would be great tho!! Ive have seen pens where there is a little leaflet that rolls out from the side of it and that's eye catching and no one is gonna chuck a pen out...

I am looking at buying some pens from China... one's that are not available on the Irish market- should be eye catching alright!

Keep an eye out for them. I will post the business in the coming weeks so people can have a look.

Thanks a mill,

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Best of luck to you with the new business!:)

Advertisement