Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

They are still encouraging property investment in Tallaght

• 10-04-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Big banner on the side of an empty building in tallaght stating that it's cheaper to buy THEN rent :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Grammar Nazis, go forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rayan

So what they are saying is, buy THEN rent?

Rent it out?

but what is that cheaper than?

don't really get the banner..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

but what is that cheaper than?

don't really get the banner..

worse then the movie Crank II's Advert " he was dead... then he got better "

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jaykayphd

Rayan wrote: »
    So what they are saying is, buy THEN rent?

Rent it out?

Dear god!!

They are trying to say that their hundreds of empty apartments above a busy road or a noisy luas line in Tallaght are now cheaper to buy due to the theoretical cost of a mortgage to fund the purchase of one of the apartments THAN paying to rent an equivalent one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Those properties have been on the market for over a year as far as I know. Same for the properties over the Maldron Hotel and LIDL buildings... I'd say if you went up and offered them 70% of the listed price, they'd sell to you...

Advertisement