Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody having problems connecting wireless router to Digiweb Metro Broadband. Sucks!

Options
  • 10-04-2009 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi Guys,
    Has anybody used a wireless router succesfully with Digiweb Metro Cable 8MB Broadband?
    I have tried Linksys & Netgear cable broadband routers to allow me to connect wirelessly to the Digiweb Thomson Cable Modem. Nothing but problems. Using a Netgear N Router now and my adapters are G-type which shouldn't matter due to backward compatability. Wired direct to modem I can connect fine and get the speed but wirelessly the problems range from only being able to connect one pc wirelessly at a time instead of 2-3pc's simultaneously, really really slow wireless internet speed, connection dropping & pretty much everything. Rang Digiweb and got the "Ring the manufaturer" fob off. My wireless G adapters range from Realtek, Intel Pro to Buffalo.
    Any ideas or configuration suggestions please? Think I will go back to BTBroadband - wireless 3MB worked perfectly & a lot faster and consistently!
    Thanks

Advertisement