Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting Ipod up to Car stereo

Options
  • 10-04-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi

Does anybody know if you can buy a tuner device for an Ipod that allows you to tune your car radio to the frequency the Ipod is running at? Or know what they could be called so I can then research it further?

Basically my car only has CD player and radio. No USB port and no tape deck and want to know how I can play my IPOD through my car speakers.

Or does anybody know of another way of doing this?

Thanks
    Hertz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

See my post in this thread about the iTrip. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have a belkin fm transmitter. It plugs into your cigarette lighter so your ipod charges too. Also it has an option to save 2 fm channels so you dont have to keep tuning it. Its pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

I have tried several of these FM transmitters and I never really found them satisfactory. It can be a challenge to find an unused frequency in the FM band and as you drive the quality or usability of a given channel will fade in and out.

I suppose it depends on where you are living and how much of a quality deterioration you are willing to accept but I gave up on them.

I use one of these now with a Pioneer radio. This gives me perfect sound quality and I can select tracks through the car radio interface - it's not as slick as the ipod interface but it's OK. It's not wireless of course but I rarely use the iPod outside of the car anyway so it works for me.

That solution mightn't suit every one and unless you had planned to change the car stereo anyway, it's certainly not the cheapest way to do it. But if you are at all fussy about sound quality and consistancy, I think you will be disappointed with the FM transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭geffkane

also gave up on FM transmitter because of sound quality. now play it through my cassette player. much better but still a background hiss. of course most new cars don't have cassette players. I don't understand why cars these days don't have mp3 connection as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

The Dension Ice Link is your man. Expensive but I guarantee you won't look back.

Advertisement