Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Kitten wanted in Cork

Options
  • 10-04-2009 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

We're looking for a female kitten to keep our 1 yr old female cat company. She's been used to playing with the rabbits near our old house, and now that she's settled into our new home she misses the company. :P The kitten would be kept indoors most of the time in a big house, plenty of space to play in, with a lovely garden for them to play in outside. The kitten is sure to go to a loving home. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you check in your local SPCA www.cspca.ie ?

edit: Just had a read there:
    Lots of enquiries at the moment and lots of disappointed people: she-cats only start coming into season when the days get longer, late January to early February. For cats the normal gestation period varies between 61 and 69 days (8-10weeks) and the kittens must stay with their mother for an absolute minimum of eight weeks and preferably 12 weeks so the earliest we would expect kittens to come into the Animals’ Home would be May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 daycint

Thanks. We're not expecting to actually find one to take home for another few weeks anyway. Just wondering if anyone's got an expectant mother cat...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Would you consider a kitten who's five or six months old? Plenty of gorgeous kittens of that age looking for homes in the rescues, and that age they've already been wormed, fe-flead, vaccinated and neutered.

I always point out to people that have their heart set on an 8 or 9wk old kitten that they grow up so incredibly fast... They're that small for a couple of weeks and then they're a CAT for the rest of their lives... It seems a shame to discount slightly older kittens and cats for a few weeks of kittenhood... :)

boomerang wrote: »
    Would you consider a kitten who's five or six months old? Plenty of gorgeous kittens of that age looking for homes in the rescues, and that age they've already been wormed, fe-flead, vaccinated and neutered.

I always point out to people that have their heart set on an 8 or 9wk old kitten that they grow up so incredibly fast... They're that small for a couple of weeks and then they're a CAT for the rest of their lives... It seems a shame to discount slightly older kittens and cats for a few weeks of kittenhood... :)

We're not fussy at all. Once its a bit smaller than our 1 yr old so she doesn't feel threatened then its ok. She thinks she's a rabbit.... its hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

What country are you in, daycint? I might be able to suggest a rescue or two that can help you? :)

• Advertisement

boomerang wrote: »
    What country are you in, daycint? I might be able to suggest a rescue or two that can help you? :)

I know all the rescues near me in Cork, I'm just really looking to see what's out there at the mo. Don't mind where it comes from. But I know sometimes if people can't home their kittens they end up in the rescues anyway. So just checking all avenues.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Advertisement