Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland v Man Utd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

4-3 Chelsea!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ando on, Apache off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Teach what? To get in the way of a shot and get a lucky deflection? Straight off the trainin ground that.

The ability to make deflections go in. Van Nist used to have it too. Ronaldo has it. Some people just score strikers goals, but adjusting their feet incredibly quickly. It's just natural talent.

I'm not saying he's going to be the best player in the world, but that was a classic strikers talent goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Bolton making a comeback lol 4-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Headshot wrote: »
    called strikers instinct
    keep telling yourself that and you might end up believing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

omg Bolton on the come back. 4-3 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

~Marky~ wrote: »
    Bolton making a comeback lol 4-3

cmon do us a favour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Fair played to the guy.

But you United lads are far too quick to build up players as being the next big thing. I don't understand why ye would put so much pressure on him.

this is not exclusive to united fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ando kissed Tevez as he was coming off, FEEL THE SOUTH AMERICAN LOVE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Bolton pulled 3 back..ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

keep telling yourself that and you might end up believing it

PHB sums it up nicely
    PHB wrote: »
    The ability to make deflections go in. Van Nist used to have it too. Ronaldo has it. Some people just score strikers goals, but adjusting their feet incredibly quickly. It's just natural talent.

I'm not saying he's going to be the best player in the world, but that was a classic strikers talent goal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anybody know the words to the Macheda song the crowd are singing?

And how do Sunderland keep finding ex-United heads to bring on?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Whats the score in the united game now?

lol @ 11ty people posting the chelsea score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

called strikers instinct

You really are codding yourself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

yorke on. He better not score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

10 years ago Dwight Yorke off the bench would be really dangerous.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    10 years ago Dwight Yorke off the bench would be really dangerous.

And then he goes and spoils it all
    By doing something stupid like... Katy Price.

3 minutes left.

they singing park song, didnt hear any kiko one.

scholes showing a bit more urgency in 2nd half.

You really are codding yourself..

again ehh

• Advertisement

Nervy ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bolton pulled 3 back..ffs

Yeah they couldn't have picked a worse time to show that 3 goals against them at the Bridge is possible. :pac:

I'm hoping there's not going to be a final twist at the Stadium of Light though. If we take 3 points from this game it would be a major let-off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Yeah they couldn't have picked a worse time to show that 3 goals against them at the Bridge is possible. :pac:

+1

A Glimmer of hope for Pool

Paul Scholes MOTM according to Setanta, I really hate Lou Macari.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Ach why can United not get a 2 goal cushion lately! If it's 1-2 against Porto at this stage of the match I wont be able to look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

How? If its anyone from United, its Rooney.

I'm hoping there's not going to be a final twist at the Stadium of Light though. If we take 3 points from this game it would be a major let-off.

last team to score 3 at the bridge was united. 7 years ago I think they said on soccer saturday

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

4 mins added time

• Advertisement

4 minutes IT, f*ck

1+++++

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

again ehh

Ehhh.. You are making the fatal error of assuming that PHB's opinion on the matter is gospel..

The young guy has scored 2 goals. The first one was a good goal but the suspending was somewhat suspect. The second one was a deflection in which he didn't have any real clue what was happening.

I am not saying he isn't a good player. I am saying you are reading far too much into very little. Ye lot done it with Anderson only last season and look how that has worked out. The same with Evans.

It's crazy how careless Scholes has been with his passing.

1+++++

Decision's already been made though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If we take 3 points from this game it would be a major let-off.

as usual really.

when will teams learn that to stave off utd you can't get sucked into your penalty box and expect to hold out? they didn't even have to do much to score tbh. whether kiko's goal was meant or not, that sort of thing is liable to happen if you let a team like utd attack your 18yd line for fun.

• Advertisement

game over :)
    what a let off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Thank Christ for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Ehhh.. You are making the fatal error of assuming that PHB's opinion on the matter is gospel..

The young guy has scored 2 goals. The first one was a good goal but the suspending was somewhat suspect. The second one was a deflection in which he didn't have any real clue what was happening.

I am not saying he isn't a good player. I am saying you are reading far too much into very little. Ye lot done it with Anderson only last season and look how that has worked out. The same with Evans.

Listen the guy just won us 6 points in a very tight title race. He is clearly god.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks be to fcuk, another ****e preformance but a win is a win. Still top of the league but only just about. We really need to turn our preformances around soon.

United so jammy.

They didn't deserve to win at all.

• Advertisement

Ehhh.. You are making the fatal error of assuming that PHB's opinion on the matter is gospel...
    same with Evans.

He held up the ball like an old pro there.

Anywho, a great result from another brutal performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anderson is a great player. His development this season was hampered by injuries.

Also, why cant we get a little carried away with Kiko? In a time where we are playing ****, barely winning and generally gloomy as ****, this kid is a bloody inspiration, thats 2 games he has won for us now, lucky or not.

So let us have our Kiko love without being such a bloody Scrooge.

God knows if he played for Liverpool you would be all over him.

United won the game, but with a poor performance. I think it was a deserved victory though.

Shocking defending again, desperately need Ferdinand and Rafael/Brown back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

sunderland are doomed if they are relying on dwight yorke to come on and get you something incredible he is still playing totally finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The grass is cut. :)

No surprises really, but it continues to show how vunerable Utd are and they've got to play better teams yet.

Aaaannnddddddd relax!

Big let-off today. Macheda has once again spared United's blushes. The 3 points are on the board but the slump continues.

pvt.joker wrote: »
    4 minutes IT, f*ck

I dont suppose United fans remember last week....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,562 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well if current form continues then you'd have to make Liverpool favourites for the league. Utd cannot keep playing like that and expect to keep winning!

mike65 wrote: »
    The grass is cut. :)

No surprises really, but it continues to show how vunerable Utd are and they've got to play better teams yet.

Like Everton of course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I dont suppose United fans remember last week....:rolleyes:

we only needed 3 ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement