Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland v Man Utd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Listen the guy just won us 6 points in a very tight title race. He is clearly god.

Ironically enough, I think the same term was used on a sig about Anderson, wasn't it?

Fair played to the guy. He certainly has most of the attributes that are required to make it. I just don't know why you would want to build him up so much so soon. Sort of reminds me of what the English media do the English team before taking the legs from under them when they ultimately don't live up to their unreasonable expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well if current form continues then you'd have to make Liverpool favourites for the league. Utd cannot keep playing like that and expect to keep winning!

One would expect that, but I think even if we keep playing this well win, with a bloody heart attack on my part though.

Once 3 of our better defenders come back, I think we'll be in much better form. And ANderson will make a big difference in suring up the midfield. Fletcher and Evra got a rest today which was important.

It's a squad game and our squad just got through today, so i'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Ironically enough, I think the same term was used on a sig about Anderson, wasn't it?

Fair played to the guy. He certainly has most of the attributes that are required to make it. I just don't know why you would want to build him up so much so soon. Sort of reminds me of what the English media do the English team before taking the legs from under them when they ultimately don't live up to their unreasonable expectations.

Yes and just like the English media if you take it seriously it probably says somethin about you rather than us.

Kiko = god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well if current form continues then you'd have to make Liverpool favourites for the league. Utd cannot keep playing like that and expect to keep winning!

they won't stay as bad as they are.

and utd are 1 point ahead with a game in hand. clearly heavy favourites whatever way you look at it. you forget that we, Liverpool, have to win just about every game too. and anyway there's not many games left for utd to finally drop some deserved points in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

There's also a tendency on boards to instantly put down people, because of the way Sky hype up people.

I'm not building him up at all. I've no idea how good he'll be.

But I do think that he meant to direct the ball back towards the goal there, and unsurprisingly the BBC ticker and the match commentators thought the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Macheda should be made captain

And he should be player-manager once Alex leaves

And he should be the next Taoiseach, nobody else can drag us out of this financial mess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Today sir? Why its Christmas Day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

That was shíté, 3 more in the bag though. Clean sweep still on, come on United!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Dave! wrote: »
    Macheda should be made captain

And he should be player-manager once Alex leaves

And he should be the next Taoiseach, nobody else can drag us out of this financial mess!

I believe he can replace Alex Ferguson and Jack Bauer...at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Fair play to United, deserve to win given that they scored the most goals in the match.

If they carry on playing like this though, I can't wait to see what their bum looks like after Arsenal have ridden through it.. probably not so squeaky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Let off. Ridiculous really.

Getting hammered by our nearest rivals. No reaction.

Getting beaten by a mid table team. No reaction.

Drawing at home in Europe to an average team. No reaction.

What does it take? What is wrong.

spockety wrote: »
    I can't wait to see what their bum looks like after Arsenal have ridden through it.. probably not so squeaky!

What the **** kind of channel are you watching? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

We need to have this league won before we reach the Arsenal game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

PHB wrote: »
    One would expect that, but I think even if we keep playing this well win, with a bloody heart attack on my part though.

Once 3 of our better defenders come back, I think we'll be in much better form. And ANderson will make a big difference in suring up the midfield. Fletcher and Evra got a rest today which was important.

It's a squad game and our squad just got through today, so i'm happy.

I agree, we will have Ferdinand back for the Porto game. I wouldnt be surpised if he was fit for today but its probably a risk with the run we have and also the current form. Anderson coming back today also was another plus even he only got 15min. I thought Berbatov was poor again today. I thought Foster played well apart from the Goal Jones scored which i think he could have done slightly better. I wonder if City are still interested in the Berb :rolleyes:

The most important thing was 3-pts today, i expect a much better perfermance next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fair play to United, deserve to win given that they scored the most goals in the match.

If they carry on playing like this though, I can't wait to see what their bum looks like after Arsenal have ridden through it.. probably not so squeaky!

2nd last match of the season mate ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't think United fans will really hype him up to much. I'd compare it to when Rooney broke on the scene at Everton. There was a buzz and excitement around him but the fans were supportive at the time whereas I think the media built him up.

The Macheda sigs and 'Macheda is God' comments are largely tongue-in-cheek I think which reflect his staggering contributions of late.

I feel Macheda is in a good position actually because he's scored 2 goals in 2 games, both as a sub, and yet there's still no pressure on him to break into the first team ahead of the likes of Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov (despite complaints about him).

Macheda in effect has overachieved and I think that's the source of all the good will he's getting from United fans.

Headshot wrote: »
    2nd last match of the season mate ;)

True, so what you're saying is if United carry on playing like this, by the time the Arsenal match rolls around it will have been made irrelevant..?

;)

If they carry on playing like this though, I can't wait to see what their bum looks like after Arsenal have ridden through it..

Spockety in "I want to see Man United Teams Arsés Shocker" - Gay Times

:pac:

True, so what you're saying is if United carry on playing like this, by the time the Arsenal match rolls around it will have been made irrelevant..?

;)

:)

we'll have the proper defenders back after the fa cup
    Rio,raf,and especially BROWN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

CoachBoone wrote: »
    Let off. Ridiculous really.

Getting hammered by our nearest rivals. No reaction.

Getting beaten by a mid table team. No reaction.

Drawing at home in Europe to an average team. No reaction.

What does it take? What is wrong.

+1

Yes, Kiko is Jesus re-incarnate (he wasn't due until tomorrow!). Yes, we got through it and got 3 points. But we've been dire. I know it was 1-0 last time we played Sunderland, but we completely controlled that game and Sunderland parked the bus. We've a far better team, and I know if football occasionally results will go against us, but these last results haven't been luck. We've been playing terribly, especially our defence. If we don't get it sorted, it'll be very difficult for us to win anything this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

;)

or we'll be 4 points ahead and yep largely irrelevant

if i'm not mistaken there's another side near the top that have to face arsenal too no? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ScholesyIsGod

Yet another poor performance, no fluency to the play at all today but we got the 3 points and thats the main thing. I know he hasn't had a lot of game time recently but Berbatov was a complete waste of space today.

Boggles wrote: »
    Spockety in "I want to see Man United Teams Arsés Shocker" - Gay Times

:pac:

hahahahaha, I get it.. i'm GAY.. hahahaha.. that's so freakin hilarious I'm finding it hard to stop laughing.. I'm sure all the people on this forum who are actually gay find it hilarious that it's a great thing to try and slag people over... hahaha you funny guy.. :pac:

ntlbell wrote: »
    or we'll be 4 points ahead and yep largely irrelevant

if i'm not mistaken there's another side near the top that have to face arsenal too no? ;)

Aye that scenario is obviously the more likely, United's to chuck away.

I'm just glad it's at least still interesting in April,.. it's been a while. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

It must be so frustrating for Rooney to be giving 100% and not getting a similar response from the rest of the team tbh.

hahahahaha, I get it.. i'm GAY.. hahahaha.. that's so freakin hilarious I'm finding it hard to stop laughing.. I'm sure all the people on this forum who are actually gay find it hilarious that it's a great thing to try and slag people over... hahaha you funny guy.. :pac:
    It wasn't that funny mate. Control yourself.

It must be so frustrating for Rooney to be giving 100% and not getting a similar response from the rest of the team tbh.

Aye, Rooney has the look of a man who would die inside if United chucked the title Liverpool's way at this stage. Wouldn't be surprised if he is the one dishing out hair dryer treatments these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Headshot wrote: »
    :)

we'll have the proper defenders back after the fa cup
    Rio,raf,and especially BROWN

I personally think BROWN has being a BIG miss this season and think he is as good as Evra going forward and also likes a tackle. If he was playing last week he wouldnt stand of anyone he'd be flying into tackles.

Dave! wrote: »
    It wasn't that funny mate. Control yourself.

I thought it was :(

chriscooper.jpg
    Boggles

I thought it was :(

chriscooper.jpg
    Boggles

Damn you Spockety, you told me you would only use that photo of me for personal use. Curses. ;)

Brown has definately been a huge loss this season.

Neville is starting to resemble Mcshane.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Neville is starting to resemble Mcshane.

thats a bit harsh on Mcshane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Whatever about brown. I think if we could just keep a back four fit it would be massive.

Kiiiiiiiii-ko Ma-cheda,
    Scores winners like Can-tona,
    Then kisses the ca-mera,
    Kiko Ma-cheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Praying Rio will make Wednesday. The defence truly has been awful, I mean, a clean sheet would probably give the team a big confidence boost at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

united have done very well to pick up the last 6 points considering the way they are playing. if the keep up this standard of defending, they will have to drop points eventually but it's getting late in the day now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Federico-Macheda-Middlesbrough-Hull-City-Prem_2145654.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Listen the guy just won us 6 points in a very tight title race. He is clearly god.

He actually won you 4 cause you were already on course for 2.

Talk about going OTT ;)

I hate to put a damper on this but its was kiko's second touch not his first touch

pffft waster :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Kiko's strikerate is now a goal a game.

Messi's is a goal every 1.3 games

Surely World Player of the Year?

• Advertisement

The fhacts speak for themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's better than a goal a game tbh.

A goal every fifteen minutes, has to be some kind of world record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

That's silly. It should be done by per minute basis. So he has 1 in (approx) every 20 mins?

Def World player of the year and maybe the millenium. At least a million times the player Cantona was. :pac:

ShooterSF wrote: »
    At least a million times the player Cantona was. :pac:

Nah they're just as overrated as each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Xavi6 wrote: »

Sorry. I meant to type Cantona. I must have typed Goater by accident :p

Xavi6 wrote: »

Aww i think someone is just upset they dont have Kiko Macheda on their team.

Its ok, i would be too.

*best Ned Flanders impression*
    Grey skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face.:D

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Sorry. I meant to type Cantona. I must have typed Goater by accident :p

Cantona was overrated.
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Aww i think someone is just upset they dont have Kiko Macheda on their team.

Its ok, i would be too.

*best Ned Flanders impression*
    Grey skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face.:D

Nah our youth team has more than enough to suffice ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

is the general feeling that he meant it? I thought he miscontrolled it terribly trying to go outside the last man based on how his foot moved and it just flew off him in the opposite direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

copacetic wrote: »
    is the general feeling that he meant it? I thought he miscontrolled it terribly trying to go outside the last man based on how his foot moved and it just flew off him in the opposite direction?

Kinda looked as if he was trying to get out of the way of it in the replay on Setanta after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

For anyone who needs another look the highlights of the Utd game are on RTE after the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Meant it my arse!

That young lad Carrol for Newcy is earning them just as many points but doing so playing in a considerably inferior team yet there is virtually no hype around him at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement