Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland v Man Utd

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Meant it my arse!

That young lad Carrol for Newcy is earning them just as many points but doing so playing in a considerably inferior team yet there is virtually no hype around him at all.

Carrol didn't come on for the one of the biggest most successful clubs in the world and curl in a belter onn his debue to put the world, league and european champions back on top of the table.

Now did he?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There'd be plenty of hype about Andy Carroll if Newcastle didn't already have King Kev and Alan "the messiah" Shearer as their saviours this season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Meant it my arse!

That young lad Carrol for Newcy is earning them just as many points but doing so playing in a considerably inferior team yet there is virtually no hype around him at all.

mg you just dont give up

Plus he is 20, Wonder Boy is 17. HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

How can you compare someone who has scored 3 goals in like 9 hours of football, to someone who has scored 2 in like 45 minutes? C'mon like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Boggles wrote: »
    Carrol didn't come on for the one of the biggest most successful clubs in the world and curl in a belter onn his debue to put the world, league and european champions back on top of the table.

Now did he?

No, but I do think that playing for your home town club and scoring in what is one of a series of games that will likely prove to be the most important in the recent history of the club is a bigger deal.
    Headshot wrote: »
    mg you just dont give up

I am making a reasonable argument. You not liking it fair enough but I am perfectly entitled to argue my point.

No doubt there will be accusations of throlling but that just isn't how I roll.

DSB wrote: »
    How can you compare someone who has scored 3 goals in like 9 hours of football, to someone who has scored 2 in like 45 minutes? C'mon like.

Come on!!

Here is his game log:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamelog?id=91478&cc=5739

Just think that playing for a your home town team who are in the mists of a relagation battle where half the squad are complete dross and scoring goals is an equal or even better achievement to playing for the best team in the world and scoring goals.

Typically in England, it is only the players of the big teams that would get this sort of attention unless they are British.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Spockety in "I want to see Man United Teams Arsés Shocker" - Gay Times

:pac:

He doesn't have to look too far :D

No, but I do think that playing for your home town club and scoring in what is one of a series of games that will likely prove to be the most important in the recent history of the club is a bigger deal.

Than an unheard of 17 year old coming off the bench twice to score the winner twice to put Manchester United back on top of the league twice?

What has Carrol, 30 appearences for Newcastle???

You do know how hype works don't you?

Typically in England, it is only the players of the big teams that would get this sort of attention unless they are British.

Ammm, Carrol is British, English in fact.

Than an unheard of 17 year old coming off the bench twice to score the winner twice to put Manchester United back on top of the league twice?

What has Carrol, 30 appearences for Newcastle???

You do know how hype works don't you?

1+

jesus_thats_gre of course theres going to hype around kiko
    17 yr old with 2 goals in 45 mins of play and basically keeping the title within our grasp

what do you expect

edit:
    if this was the other way around and liverpool were relying on a 17yr to keep them ahead in the PL
    I dread to think what it be like tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I heard Kiko Macheda can kill two stones with one bird :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Come on!!

What nationality is Carrol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

we're forgetting the most important thing here lads, neither carrol nor macheda are a patch on our fonzy

Helix wrote: »
    we're forgetting the most important thing here lads, neither carrol nor macheda are a patch on our fonzy

ehhh.jpg
    ehhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

fonzy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Come on!!

Here is his game log:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamelog?id=91478&cc=5739

Just think that playing for a your home town team who are in the mists of a relagation battle where half the squad are complete dross and scoring goals is an equal or even better achievement to playing for the best team in the world and scoring goals.

Are you aware Carroll was left on the bench today and that Ameobi was preferred ahead of him? 'Nuff said tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I took off my watch and threw it at the screen when Park lost possession for the umpteemth time today (thankfully I missed :o)....infuriating to watch, as was the performance as a whole. Just cant wait for Rio and Wes Brown to come back.

If we are to win the league this year it looks like we will limp over the line like a wounded animal losing a hell of a lot of blood....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Just great Macceda in the papers for another week:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Are you aware Carroll was left on the bench today and that Ameobi was preferred ahead of him? 'Nuff said tbh.

Are you aware Macheda was left on the bench today and that Berbatov was preferred ahead of him? 'Nuff said tbh. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone got a still of Anderson kissing Tevez as the sub was taking place? :) Anyone else see it or did I just imagine that ****?

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Just great Macceda in the papers for another week:mad:
    mach4.jpg
    another late KIKO
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Are you aware Macheda was left on the bench today and that Berbatov was preferred ahead of him? 'Nuff said tbh. ;)

pay 30 million for a striker that striker has to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Dave! wrote: »
    Anyone got a still of Anderson kissing Tevez as the sub was taking place? :) Anyone else see it or did I just imagine that ****?
    what ever your in to:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I heard it mentioned on Setanta yesterday that if Man Utd were to win the league, Macheda wouldn't qualify to get a medal even if he plays every game that is left. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Unearthly wrote: »
    I heard it mentioned on Setanta yesterday that if Man Utd were to win the league, Macheda wouldn't qualify to get a medal even if he plays every game that is left. :(

yep, you need 10 and he can get 9 max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Ok it's a long way off. But I think the Champions can apply for a dispensation with the FA in special circumstances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Special dispensation normally refers to major injuries and stuff though doesn't it.

If we win Fergie will give him a medal either way as United get more made up for situations like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

PHB wrote: »
    Special dispensation normally refers to major injuries and stuff though doesn't it.

If we win Fergie will give him a medal either way as United get more made up for situations like this.

No it doesnt matter. Pique got one last season I think and was given a medal after 9 games.

Ammm, Carrol is British, English in fact.
    What nationality is Carrol?

Doh..

Headshot wrote: »
    what do you expect

edit:
    if this was the other way around and liverpool were relying on a 17yr to keep them ahead in the PL
    I dread to think what it be like tbh

Trust me, there is plenty of over excitable Liverpool fans with unreasonably high expectation that annoy me just as much as they annoy you.

Maybe I have become a cynical old man or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Trust me, there is plenty of over excitable Liverpool fans with unreasonably high expectation that annoy me just as much as they annoy you.

Maybe I have become a cynical old man or something.

I agree. Sometimes players get hyped up all too quickly. I seen it with Rossi, Ando, Evans, Bellion (:D ) etc. The thing that is different with Macheda is that even if he never plays for us again he is a mini-legend as such. If it weren't for him most United fans feel we would be 3 points behind with a game in hand and struggling to match the Pool's hammering of teams. Any player that makes such a contribution to a closely ran league challenge against Liverpool of all teams is something special to us.
    Just saying it as it is :D

Advertisement