Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Easter weekend thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Setantas games this weekend are massive imo, Newcastle need a win, a win for stoke would be huge, Villa fans imo will conceed defeat in any CL bid if we lose as will Everton fans and tbh (not just speaking as a Villa fan) id say Arsenal fans will consider 4th theirs if Everton win as the Everton run in is as difficult as the Arsenal one iirc and Arsenals run in in comparison to Villa's is why i still have some hope for Villa catching them pre this game.

id expect Chelsea, Liverpool and Utd to all get wins this weekend and probably Arsenal although id love wigan to get something and it is possible. Draws in the games at Pompey and Spurs for me and City to bounce back at home vs Fulham with a win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Setantas games?

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Chelsea v Bolton, 15:00
    HOME
    Liverpool v Blackburn, 12:45
    HOME
    Middlesbrough v Hull, 15:00
    HOME
    Portsmouth v West Brom, 15:00 --HOME
    Stoke v Newcastle, 17:30
    HOME
    Sunderland v Man Utd, 15:00
    AWAY (ah the sequence had to end!)
    Tottenham v West Ham, 15:00 ---DRAW
    Wigan v Arsenal, 15:00
    AWAY

Sunday, 12 April 2009

Aston Villa v Everton, 14:00
    AWAY
    Man City v Fulham, 16:10
    HOME

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

mike65 wrote: »
    Setantas games?

you know what i mean, Selotanata :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Saturday, 11 April 2009

HOME
    HOME
    AWAY
    DRAW
    AWAY
    AWAY

Sunday, 12 April 2009

AWAY
    DRAW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

HOME
    DRAW
    AWAY
    DRAW
    AWAY
    AWAY

Sunday, 12 April 2009

AWAY
    HOME

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Chelsea v Bolton, 15:00 ----
    Portsmouth v West Brom, 15:00 --
    DRAW

Sunday, 12 April 2009

DRAW

City without Wright-philips, Bellamy and Kompany by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Saturday, April 11

Chelsea v Bolton, 15:00 ----HOME
    DRAW
    DRAW
    HOME
    AWAY
    Tottenham v West Ham, 15:00 ---HOME
    AWAY

Sunday, April 12
    DRAW
    HOME

I know that a few eyebrows will be raised by a few of those predictions(Liverpool in particular, but also Spurs',Wigan's and Villa's home games) but hear me out.

I think that Wednesday will have an effect on Liverpool, and a big one, which is that it will drain momentum. I don't think that they will play well against Rovers, and I think that they have struggled at home against teams who just come and sit in. If Gerrard plays, he will be manmarked, just like on Wednesday, and probably kicked from pillar to post as well. Allardyce had a decent record against Liverpool as well at Bolton. At this point I am wide open to allegations of having my Man.United glasses on, so fire away.

Arsenal are flying at the minute. They are playing good stuff, and have a good record at the JJB as well. That's why I plumped for that. As for Spurs, I think that Redknapp will have them fired up for West Ham, being a derby and a club that he's managed. As for Villa at home, given how they performed at Old Trafford, I'd say that their slump is over. But Everton will want revenge for the robbery at Goodison earlier in the season.

The rest are straightforward enough. Chelsea will be buzzing, and Bolton should be brushed aside. Stoke are staying up I think, because of their home form. Newcastle have no form. Portsmouth will stay up as well I'd say, and West Brom are too lightweight to get anything away from home. As far as we go(United), I think that tomorrow will be close. Sunderland are in dire form, but they will, or should, battle. I know that it was said in games before this, but I can't see us being as bad as we were against Porto again, on Saturday. But it will be tight.

mike65 wrote: »
    City without Wright-philips, Bellamy and Kompany by the looks of it.

you can add Benjani and Wayne Bridge to that list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Tyranax wrote: »
    Saturday, April 11

Chelsea v Bolton, 15:00 ----HOME
    DRAW
    DRAW
    HOME
    AWAY
    AWAY

Sunday, April 12
    DRAW
    HOME

I know that a few eyebrows will be raised by a few of those predictions(Liverpool in particular, but also Spurs',Wigan's and Villa's home games) but hear me out.

I think that Wednesday will have an effect on Liverpool, and a big one, which is that it will drain momentum. I don't think that they will play well against Rovers, and I they have struggled at home against teams who just come and sit in. If Gerrard plays, he will be manmarked, just like on Wednesday, and probably kicked from pillar to post as well. Allardyce had a decent record against Liverpool as well at Bolton. At this point I am wide open to allegations of having my Man.United glasses on, so fire away.

Arsenal are flying at the minute. They are playing good stuff, and have a good record at the JJB as well. That's why I plumped for that. As for Spurs, I think that Redknapp will have them fired up for West Ham, being a derby and a club that he's managed. As for Villa at home, given how they performed at Old Trafford, I'd say that their slump is over. But Everton will want revenge for the robbery at Goodison earlier in the season.

The rest are straightforward enough. Chelsea will be buzzing, and Bolton should be brushed aside. Stoke are staying up I think, because of their home form. Newcastle have no form. Portsmouth will stay up as well I'd say, and West Brom are too lightweight to get anything away from home. As far as we go(United), I think that tomorrow will be close. Sunderland are in dire form, but they will, or should, battle. I know that it was said in games before this, but I can't see us being as bad as we were against Porto again, on Saturday. But it will be tight.

Fair play for the explanation. I think that's a reasonable enough assessment. It's only a few weeks ago that we were at the end of a huge chunk of the season where Liverpool couldn't break down teams for love nor money; and Utd couldn't help but grind games out surrounded by an air of invincibility.

The last few weeks have been utterly different of course, but it seems fair to wonder whether the leopards have truly changed their spots. If they haven't, then a round of fixtures like you predict above will come to pass sooner rather than later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink must decide whether to play Ricardo Carvalho or John Terry alongside Alex in defence.

With Terry suspended for Tuesday's Champions League tie with Liverpool, Hiddink could opt to give a run out to the fit again Carvalho.

Bolton may name an unchanged side with no new injury concerns for Saturday.

They are still without midfield duo Mark Davies and Joey O'Brien (both knee) with Danny ****tu and Gary Cahill set to carry on in defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

HOME
    HOME
    AWAY
    AWAY
    AWAY
    AWAY

HOME
    HOME

Boro 1 - 1 Hull

Just listening to fivelive, Wigan are putting it up to Arsenal by the sounds of it.

edit - Wigan one up! W00t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Come on you mighty Wigan.

Do it for the Villa!

Wigan 1-0 Arsenal

Boro back in front 2-1

1541: GOAL Chelsea 1-0 Bolton
    Michael Ballack , shortly after seeing a 25-yard shot fly just over, plays the ball out to Salomon Kalou on the right and the Germany midfielder slots in his first goal since January from the cross.

Lampard scores 2-0

Pompey 1 - 1 WBA

GOAL Chelsea 2-0 Bolton
    Frank Lampard's low free-kick from the right, Michael Ballack steps over it and Didier Drogba smashes it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

3-0 chelsea

and west brom now beating pompey 2-1 at fratton park

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

walcott for arsenal 1-1

pompey 2-2

4-0 chelsea

1-0 spurs

GOAL Chelsea 4-3 Bolton
    What the...? Kevin Davies flicks on Jussi Jaskelainen's long kick and Matt Taylor heads in a third for the visitors. Note for Liverpool: Chelsea cannot defend long balls.

3 Bolton goals in 8mins !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Woah...

*lumps on Liverpool to knock Chelsea out* :eek:

Dave! wrote: »
    Woah...

*lumps on Liverpool to knock Chelsea out* :eek:

33-1 for 3-0 pool(i got 50-1;))

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

4-1 Arsenal Song :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Massive result for Boro today, puts a whole lot of pressure on the Barcordes in the late kickoff.

Unbelievable stuff at Stamford Bridge, had them in a Last Man Standing and I was sweating :D

looking forward to the Stoke v Newcastle

huge match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Cech had a nightmare. Very unprofessional from Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable stuff at Stamford Bridge, had them in a Last Man Standing and I was sweating :D

Ditto! Still I'll enjoy Super Soaraway Soccer Saturday on RTE 2 later. So many goals :)

Villa vs Everton is a massive game tomorrow as well, anything less than a win for Villa and they will be out of the running for 4th place IMHO. Everton are the form side, but Villa's showing at Old Trafford last week might have given them fresh motivation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

1-0 Stoke

Disgraceful marking

Xavi6 wrote: »
    1-0 Stoke

Disgraceful marking

Zonal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Zonal?

No it wasn't zonal or man, it's this new one called 'don't bother'.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Roffle.

• Advertisement

kicking off in the stoke game

stoke looking good for the win btw

Advertisement