Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Blackburn Rovers - Match Thread (KO 12.45pm)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

still though liverpool should have put this game five nil up ...

This will just encourage blackburn to continue playing and liverpool may regret not increasing their goal difference overall also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yep, he is an amazing athlete - one of the best in the premiership. Lucas and Alonso are nowhere near his athletic level, and as such it is sometimes pointless comparing their contributions.

Alonso covers more ground than any other Liverpool player.
    He runs more than Masch every match.

(I've covered this earlier.;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

OMG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

redout wrote: »
    Hmmm... What to do when you've just seen your Champions League hopes all but dashed... Claim you always cared more about the league anyway! "I'm not just saying it because of what happened against Chelsea, but the league has always been the priority of everyone at this club," says Liverpool skipper Jamie Carragher. "In the 13 years I have been involved in the first team, this will be the biggest league game I have been involved in, it really is that important."
    do you ever stop **** stirring?
    Typical crap no doubt from someone who just most likely got knocked out of the European cup.

"I'm not just saying it because of what happened against Chelsea"

Please.
    Dcully wrote: »
    no offence but you talk some ****e
    LoL
    once again proven to be nothing but a trouble maker...
    Dcully wrote: »
    what a s h i t stirrer you are, fool!

Just in from work, if I have to read any more of that crap I will be issuing very lengthy bans to all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

thats what i want agger back in the team for!

• Advertisement

What a goal!

Aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Loving your work, Danny boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Cracker! That's 3! Repeat at the bridge please! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The Dagger strikes again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Agger has such an awesome shot on him, as good as any attacking player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Be jebus,what a cracker from Dan the man.!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,562 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Was just going to write will they stop trying to walk the ball into the net and take shots, and up pops Agger!

All over now......pressure on Utd now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Good for him, he really deserves that goal after a tough year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Agger you fcukin daisy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭GBX

C'Mon the D.Agger ...The man is well worth a new contract! What a hit! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Honestly, i am sure i have seen this exact argument/debate on Mashcerano before. I just got a really weird feeling of deja vu when i read Lucky Lloyd playing down Masch and Pool fans talking him up.

That has happened before right? Im not mental...

To be clear, I don't think I 'play down' Masch. I just think people don't assess his strengths and weaknesses correctly.

For me, his mobility, toughness and desire to compete makes him one of the very best footballers in the world at present when you don't have the ball. But when you do have the ball, he is a Championship midfielder - I'd take Matthew Holland over him. As such, he is a vital cog in our machine, but for the machine to work you need the likes of Alonso and Gerrard in there alongside him to bring the creativity.

Mascherano can be comfortably categorized as a defensive midfielder. Players like Vieira (when he was at his peak), Roy Keane or Essien are probably more valuable because the overall impact they can bring to a team is greater. But that isn't to say that Masch doesn't do what he does as well as anyone in the world.

That's the best I can explain it really...

Alonso off, given the ground he covers, he deserves the rest!

Yay! N'Gog

Feck Agger is hobbling a bit.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

NGOG!! \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Yesss 4-0 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Highsider wrote: »
    Big time. The best player in the world at that role. Think he will make a huge difference against Chelsea.
    masch all over the park, brilliant chasing and closing down
    Agree with the above. Masch instead of Lucas last wednesday and it would have been a completely different story. I think it's too late now though in the CL.

He's a big asset to have back for the title race though. He is the equivalent of Hargreaves for United, a player United have missed a lot at times this season. United desperately need an engine in midfield at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Get in there

So...Lucas.

Does nothing for the team does he?!

On the pitch a few minutes.
    Great header accross goal.
    4-0.

But of course some will just ignore that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Did NGog actually get a touch on it? Either way 4-0 still a great result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Wallk on.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

FT 4-0

Great result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

what a victory to commemorate the 96.

justice for the fallen. RIP.

Nice run out, comfy win, no injuries as far as I can see (Agger tired muscles hopefully?), come on Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

...and heres to the Mancs stuffing up against Sunderland. We can only live in hope. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Liverpool P32 P69 GD38
    Manchester United P30 P67 GD32

Whatever way the league ends up, we have got a title challenge. Which was what the vast majority of Liverpool fans wanted at the start of the season. Happy days.

Its amazing how much the goal difference has changed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

the amount of headers lucas wins every game is astounding.
    4-0 now thats more like it.
    excellent performace from mach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Great result. Come on Sunderland.:) That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What a gutless performance by Blackburn, Liverpool didn't even have to work for that win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Great performance!! :D

So...Lucas.

Does nothing for the team does he?!

On the pitch a few minutes.
    Great header accross goal.
    4-0.

But of course some will just ignore that.
    It doesn't change the fact that he's not good enough for Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

YNWA

Aidric wrote: »
    What a gutless performance by Blackburn, Liverpool didn't even have to work for that win.

Keegan_468x356.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

K4t wrote: »

Are such broad sweeping statements really necessary? There is no disputing that you have reason to be doubtful but I really do think that he will ultimately prove to be a success. The improvement in his game this season alone shows how hard he is trying and that he does have the raw ability.

Just give him the time and support a young players needs instead of boo'ing him and I think we will benefit from him in the long term.

So glad that you're open to a reasoned debate.:rolleyes:

So glad that you're open to a reasoned debate.:rolleyes:
    Are such broad sweeping statements really necessary? There is no disputing that you have reason to be doubtful but I really do think that he will ultimately prove to be a success. The improvement in his game this season alone shows how hard he is trying and that he does have the raw ability.

Just give him the time and support a young players needs instead of boo'ing him and I think we will benefit from him in the long term.
    I support United. I have nothing to gain by criticisng him tbh. He reminds me of Makele in that he only passes the ball sideways, but then again Makele was one of the greatest tacklers of the last fifteen years. Lucas is not. I don't think Lucas contributes even close to what Mascherano does in the same position. As I said, masch on the pitch last wednesday things would have been a lot different.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Great to see this sort of performance and result with Gerrard on the bench.

Stop Gerrard and you stop Liverpool I say :pac:

so we should play without him?

I support United. I have nothing to gain by criticisng him tbh. He reminds me of Makele in that he only passes the ball sideways, but then again Makele was one of the greatest tacklers of the last fifteen years. Lucas is not. I don't think Lucas contributes even close to what Mascherano does in the same position. As I said, masch on the pitch last wednesday things would have been a lot different.

Lucas and Masch are different players, who play a different game.
    That's like saying Masch is crap cause he doens't score as many goals as Gerrard.

Lucas is a box to box type player, being asked to do a job for the team, while developing off the pitch.

He's good enough for our squad, but isn't good enough to be first choice yet.
    So I guess we're lucky that he isn't first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Lucas is not been given a chance by sections of the LFC support. He is only young and Rafa has faith in him so thats good enough for me. NO surprise you slate him given the fact that you support Utd. That being the case whey are you even in this thread and mentioning Lucas. Go an worry about the likes of Nani or Anderson who quite frankly are piss-poor when compared to the other players that Utd have.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I think critisism of Lucas is fair enough based on his performances to date. I don't think he's good enough to get a first choice, personally I doubt he ever will be. Time will tell though.

I think critisism of Lucas is fair enough based on his performances to date. I don't think he's good enough to get a first choice, personally I doubt he ever will be. Time will tell though.

I too would seriously doubt that we will displace Alonso or Masch on a permanent basis.

I too would seriously doubt that we will displace Alonso or Masch on a permanent basis.

But in the long run he's not trying to.
    He's not a holding midfield player, anymore so than Gerrard was when he started off his career playing the role.

I'm not saying that Lucas is the next Gerrard, he's not that good, but who is?!
    Lucas is learning his trade, once he developes his game he'll be moved further forward, and that's when I think he'll shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

No contest when compared to either Alonso or Masch but he could be a decent backup as a squad player against lesser opposition. Give him time and you might be surprised

Macker1 wrote: »
    No contest when compared to either Alonso or Masch but he could be a decent backup as a squad player against lesser opposition. Give him time and you might be surprised

Tis pretty much the point I was trying to make.. I genuinely believe that he will continue to improve and will eventually prove to be invaluable.. Saying that I don't think he will replace Alonso or Masch is more a compliment to those guys than anything else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement