Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of Limerick Final Year Tournament: E2000 expected prize money

Options
  • 10-04-2009 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

University of Limerick Final Year Tournament

E40 buy in
    Freezeout
    No rake
    Chips 10000(1000 more if you attend EGM beforehand)
    50+ people expected so prize money of E2000+
    Date: April 15th 7pm sharp,

Please see more details especially about getting extra chips by attending EGM b4 the game on the dedicated website

http://ulpokersociety.synthasite.com...ament-2009.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Dead Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Myself and a mate are interested in this but are graduates, not students in UL any more. Can we still play??

Myself and a mate are interested in this but are graduates, not students in UL any more. Can we still play??

I'll get back to you on this.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2120255792

Tournament on in the sports bar at 7 on wednesday. All welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

when you say fina year tournament do you mean its the final tournament of the year or its a tournament for people in final year maybe im reading it wrong but thats how it sounded to me originally.

if its for everyone ill do my best to make it

PeakOutput wrote: »
    when you say fina year tournament do you mean its the final tournament of the year or its a tournament for people in final year maybe im reading it wrong but thats how it sounded to me originally.

if its for everyone ill do my best to make it

Its the final tournament of the year. All welcome

Its the final tournament of the year. All welcome

Don't see it mentioned anywhere. I know starting stacks are 10,000, but what are starting blinds. 50/100 or 100/200. I'm hoping the former...

Don't see it mentioned anywhere. I know starting stacks are 10,000, but what are starting blinds. 50/100 or 100/200. I'm hoping the former...

Blinds start off at 50/100.

http://ulpokersociety.synthasite.com/final-tournament-2009.php

Good to know, but the link doesn't state that?!

• Advertisement

Good to know, but the link doesn't state that?!

Sorry thats just going on experience.

The blinds for wednesday should be along the lines of this. The 25/50 blind will not be there and also i don't believe there will be an ante

http://ulpokersociety.synthasite.com/iv-blinds.php

Blinds Length
    50 - 100 45 Mins
    100 - 200 45 Mins
    150 - 300 45 Mins
    200 - 400 45 Mins
    300 -600 - 45 Mins
    400 - 800 - 45 Mins
    600 - 1200 - 45 Mins
    800 - 1600 - 45 Mins
    1200 - 2400 - 45 Mins
    1500 - 3000 - 45 Mins
    2000 - 4000 - 45 Mins
    2500 - 5000 - 45 Mins
    3000 - 6000 - 45 Mins
    4000 - 8000 - 45 Mins
    6000 - 12000 - 45 Mins
    8000 - 16000 - 45 Mins

Please note this has not been agreed upon. I don't think the blinds will go up so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nuthuntr

Can u confirm the date the tounament is on please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

postgrads can play yeah..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

is 7 shuffle up and deal time or buy in time

the skydive club have inconveniently :p arranged a committee meeting at 7 tomorrow night and im in the bad books already ;)

edit hang on your op says april 15th which is tomorrow but your link says monday week 12 which would be next monday????

1 Tournament is on 2nite so call to the sports bar between 7-half 7. you'll see the poker crowd
    2 postgrads and everyone else welcome
    3 technically if you type your id code into timetable.ul.ie it says week 11 was the week we just had off so this is week 12. also since we had monday off we couldnt hold the tournament that is why it is on 2nite!!

Hope to see ye all there

Myself and at least 1 friend are going, possibly one more? Hopin the cards are good to me :)

Myself and at least 1 friend are going, possibly one more? Hopin the cards are good to me :)

Cool see ye there....hopefully they'll be better for me :P

Students and non students all welcome

Ok so just to refresh for 2nite.

EVERYONE WELCOME

University of Limerick Final Tournament of the year

E40 buy in
    Freezeout
    No rake
    Date: April 15th 7pm - 7:30pm reg,
    Start around 8

See ye all l8r

Ok so just to refresh for 2nite.

EVERYONE WELCOME

University of Limerick Final Tournament of the year

E40 buy in
    Freezeout
    No rake
    Date: April 15th 7pm - 7:30pm reg,
    Start around 8

See ye all l8r

Were you there last night?

Were you there last night?

I was indeed. Came 10th...just made final table. Got destroyed. trip queens vs trip queens other guy had better kicker then 2 hands l8r same guy beat me with a aces and a better kicker again . i had ace 9...he had ace 10....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

I was indeed. Came 10th...just made final table. Got destroyed. trip queens vs trip queens other guy had better kicker then 2 hands l8r same guy beat me with a aces and a better kicker again . i had ace 9...he had ace 10....

So, you were outplayed by him?! :P

What was the turnout like?

dK1NG wrote: »
    So, you were outplayed by him?! :P

What was the turnout like?

haha ya the two of us played the same both trying to trap eachother!! Too bad his trap was better :(

Turnout was not great to be honest. Just over 20 competitors. The tournament wasn't properly advertised. I wasn't 100% sure it was on till i actually got there !! :O. Because of that we only did a E25 tourney. 3 in the money places and prize money of just over 500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 onedoubleo

The Tournament wasnt advertised due to a mix-up in the Teahcing Week 12 actual Week 12.
    The Tournament Is On Tomorrow Wednesday The 22nd

EGM Starts @ 6.30PM - 1,000 Extra Starting Chips for Attendance

Tournament Starts - 7.30PM SHARP (We mean it this time)
    €40 Freeze-Out
    10,000 Starting Stacks

http://ulpokersociety.synthasite.com

That has details of Committee Elections & More Tournament Info

All this happens in the UL SPORTS BAR

Stephen Carmody

onedoubleo wrote: »
    The Tournament wasnt advertised due to a mix-up in the Teahcing Week 12 actual Week 12.
    The Tournament Is On Tomorrow Wednesday The 22nd

EGM Starts @ 6.30PM - 1,000 Extra Starting Chips for Attendance

Tournament Starts - 7.30PM SHARP (We mean it this time)
    €40 Freeze-Out
    10,000 Starting Stacks

http://ulpokersociety.synthasite.com

That has details of Committee Elections & More Tournament Info

All this happens in the UL SPORTS BAR

Stephen Carmody

Does this mean that players the last night got bonus stacks initially for no reason? Are they getting their bonuses tomorrow night??

Does this mean that players the last night got bonus stacks initially for no reason? Are they getting their bonuses tomorrow night??

Were you the guy that folded a 6 7 flush to me i was sitting at the end of the table...? I only had aces tbh ;P

Respect :D

No people will also get the bonuses Tomorrow,
    For those that arent aware, we have been running a leader-board all year and for every 10 Points you have on the board you will recieve 500 extra chips in your starting stack.

Were you the guy that folded a 6 7 flush to me i was sitting at the end of the table...? I only had aces tbh ;P

Respect :D

Nope, he's a mate of mine tho. I was the guy talking to him. There's a cartoony version of me if you look down ;)
    No people will also get the bonuses Tomorrow,
    For those that arent aware, we have been running a leader-board all year and for every 10 Points you have on the board you will recieve 500 extra chips in your starting stack.

In that case the tourny last wednesday night was a f*cking fiasco! I went out to a guy who only had me covered because he got an extra 5k in chips, and will again tomorrow night if he's there again. No thanks mate, I'll be skipping this!!

In that case the tourny last wednesday night was a f*cking fiasco! I went out to a guy who only had me covered because he got an extra 5k in chips, and will again tomorrow night if he's there again. No thanks mate, I'll be skipping this!!

That tournament was not a Poker Society Tournament its points will not be counted towards end of year totals, that was people turning up thinking there was one on and organising it themselves. If you ask the barman we did not have a booking for the venue that night. But there was also nothing else in that night so he wrote you in.

That tournament was not a Poker Society Tournament its points will not be counted towards end of year totals, that was people turning up thinking there was one on and organising it themselves. If you ask the barman we did not have a booking for the venue that night. But there was also nothing else in that night so he wrote you in.

I don't mean this in an "I'm out for blood way" but find the two people who deemed themselves to be running the thing and make sure they're reprimanded, as they passed themselves off as Poker Soc people. I'm genuinely put out by this I have to say! This isn't personal Stephen, because I remember you from about 2 years back and you and your crew always ran a good tourny on a Monday night! What happened last week gives the poker soc a bad name :mad:

• Advertisement

I don't mean this in an "I'm out for blood way" but find the two people who deemed themselves to be running the thing and make sure they're reprimanded, as they passed themselves off as Poker Soc people. I'm genuinely put out by this I have to say! This isn't personal Stephen, because I remember you from about 2 years back and you and your crew always ran a good tourny on a Monday night! What happened last week gives the poker soc a bad name :mad:

Rob Power apologies profusely . Was just trying to help :(. Sorry lads

Advertisement