Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of Limerick Final Year Tournament: E2000 expected prize money

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 onedoubleo

That no problem Rob, its nice to see. Hopefully your name will pop up during the EGM for next years committee :)
    And to Burning Eclipse sorry about the mix up I am aware it was a bit of a fiasco but we generally have one a year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Rob Power apologies profusely . Was just trying to help :(. Sorry lads

Hey man, I didn't mean you at all. I'm talkin about the tall guy who took the money (possibly something carey) and the shorter guy with the bleached blonde hair... Was at your table and you knocked him out. They're the ones who made the decision to give bonus chips out to players. You're guilt free in my eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Hey man, I didn't mean you at all. I'm talkin about the tall guy who took the money (possibly something carey) and the shorter guy with the bleached blonde hair... Was at your table and you knocked him out. They're the ones who made the decision to give bonus chips out to players. You're guilt free in my eyes!

Ah well sorry anyway i probably shouldn't have put it on boards...
    I'm gonna win tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 onedoubleo

A week later and it would have been perfect :P
    Im always forgetting about boards.ie to advertise the games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

onedoubleo wrote: »
    A week later and it would have been perfect :P
    Im always forgetting about boards.ie to advertise the games

Might be a good idea to put it on the poker forum aswell!! Always a big crowd in there compared to the measly 6 in UL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 pocketjeffs

Hi....the guy with an extra 5k here.
    Im not sure what you thought was wrong with the tournament that was held but it was on because we could not contact members of the comittee and so decided to run the tournament ourselves unsure if there would be any other tournament held otherwise. We are active members in the society and everyone there knows us. The tournament was run fairly under the guidelines of the planned final tourney with longer blinds and extra chips for players on the leadarboard. Everyone there had been told there was going to be a tournament so it was only fair that we held one. The idea that we should be reprimanded is bizarre and people understood that it wasn't the official tournament. It's not on to complain about two specific people. But maybe if you had been playing in the tournament long enough you would have seen that it was both organized and carried out to the demands of the majority.
    P.S. Always re-raise with AA's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

P.S. Always re-raise with AA's

Thats horrible advice! :p

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 luxpoker

too nice altogether jeff.
    that was one of the best tourneys of the year, no six seated crap. extra chips wasnt my idea either but there wasnt much resistance to it.
    couldve been worse the people running it couldve pocketed some of the prize money. or taken money for hoodies and pocketed that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Naraic89

Tall lad possibly something Carey here as regards dat "non poker soc tournie" it was run to the highest standard and I am an event organiser fot the poker soc and we ran the tournie to the rules layed down for the end of year tournie.We couldnt get in contact with other commitee members so we decided to play it a lower buy in n case ther was another end of year game the week after.We decided to give the extra chips after asking the other top ranked players in the league if they wanted to give the extra chips and we voted to do it it wasnt like I just decided to do it. We had no complaints from any of the regular players about anything in the tournie.

Advertisement