Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractors On The M7 !!!

Options
  • 10-04-2009 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

What is with all of the tractors on the M7 over the last couple of weeks ?
    I must have counted 10 or more in the last week alone. Not only are they slow and cumbersome as tractors usually are, but they are all with trailers. Someone is gonna end up getting killed. All of the traffic has to screech to a halt when they come up on one. The tractors drive on the hard shoulder (or is it a tractor lane?) but their size means they jut out on to the traffic lane. I usually find them between Naas and Newbridge, 2 towns that are are well linked with standard roads:.
    I saw one pulled over by the Guards the other day. I hope that might start to put an end to this craziness
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Don't worry, Mysterious doesn't think they're dangerous at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Phone them in to 1890 205 805 - thats if they have reg plates on at all!

Even if they are exceeding the minimum speed limit (a partly 50km/h), driving in the shoulder on a motorway is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Absolutely, I agree: phone them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

corm500 wrote: »
    The tractors drive on the hard shoulder (or is it a tractor lane?).

They think it is. :rolleyes:

I never quite got why tractor drivers feel the hard shoulder is their own exclusive lane.

This showcases exactly why we need to redesignate our national routes to motorway.

Advertisement