Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin-Youghal - best route?

Options
  • 10-04-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

What is the quickest route to Youghal? Is via Cork or Waterford best? Approximately how long would it take departing 8AM on Easter Saturday?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Dublin - Cahir - Vee Gap - Lismore - Tallow - Youghal I would imagine.

Going into either Cork or Waterford would be going miles out of your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

He could go that way, but the roads between Cahir and Tallow are quite windy and poor. It is the most direct route however.

An alternative route (with slightly better roads) would see you taking the M7/M8/N8 down as far as Fermoy, N72 to Tallow and the R634 to Youghal. I'd say take the scenic route though and go the way AugustusMaximus says.

EDIT: wouldn't take more than 4 hours max., and possibly a bit less.

The Vee Gap includes a stunning view down into Tipperary. Can't remember how many counties you can see from the top, but its a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

It really is worth going the Vee if you have the time and its a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

From the Vee, or more correctly on the peak above the road, I believe you can see Tipp, Waterford, Cork, Kilkenny, Wexford & Carlow(?).

• Advertisement

Colm R wrote: »
    From the Vee, or more correctly on the peak above the road, I believe you can see Tipp, Waterford, Cork, Kilkenny, Wexford & Carlow(?).

Can see Limerick too. Wouldn't be far.

Advertisement