Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowing Advice Needed!

Options
  • 10-04-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I just started rowing and my hands are covered in blisters- I was just wondering does anyone have any tips on how to toughen up my hands, how to treat them or what to cover the blisters with when I'm in the boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

The old way was methelated spirits - on your hands and your ass - or so I'm told :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭catchup

No real quick solut
    ion. Keep your hands clean. Keep the oar handle clean as well. You don't want to be getting any infections. Never put your hand into the water if you have a blister as your can easily pick up a water-borne infection. Your hands will toughen up very quickly and blisters won't be a problem after a month or so.

Enjoy your rowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭cheekay

when i used to row i would use a powder which u can get in the chemist to dry out cuts. Id put it no open blisters before going out on the water and it would dry them up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pacman.podge

dont worry bout this, ur hands will tuffen up after a few weeks!! and it will b grand! just remember not to put hands in water cos if u got cuts u could pick up wheils (a thing u get when rats urinate in water etc)... but when u get a cut it can be the most painful thing ever!! haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

I know some lads use that grip gel you can get for racquet sports.

If you can tough it out, your hands will develop a nice hard layer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement