Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish women.... fussy... god no... i mean yes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

NickNolte wrote: »
    At least we have an admission that many Irish women treat men like rubbish when they chat them up. That's all I wanted really. I don't care what the excuses are. We all get burnt in relationships, both men and women. It doesn't excuse treating people like crap.

From what you've said above, I would say the best approach for Irish men would be to avoid Irish women entirely and chat up foreign women who are much more likely to be open to being friendly.

The crux of this argument is that a large percentage of Irish women are cliquey, stuck up and unapproachable. In trying to convince me that you're like this this (and I believe you), you've actually proved the point. :o

Nope you just proved mine ;)

I Have never in my life treated anyone in anyway bad.
    Dont wrap me in your little cliche ;)

Thats ok let them I am taken i dont need any lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

shqipshume wrote: »
    Yeah but you see those women do that because they are not happy are they really?

Not happy or just not nice? Or both?
    I dont know about nasty and cruel or bitchy i have never come across it myself or seen any of the girls i know do it.That's quite bizarre to me.

I've seen it. A lot.
    It should be the man because then the cliche of the woman been a slut comes into the mix with alot of guys.

How does a woman chatting up a guy mean she's a slut?
    I wouldn't ever approach a man.If a woman gives you a look and a smile means she wishes you to speak to her.Not so hard for a guy to do that and she still stays the woman

Why should the man always risk rejection and never the woman? A smile and a bit of eye contact? Cowardly.
    What happened to the man likes to do the chasing stuff.

Men also enjoy earning higher salaries than women in the workplace. What happened to that? We moved on...
    With your gf who went to who first?

I chatted her up. She was approachable, genuine and friendly. I made an effort with a few Irish girls prior to that. Some were nice. Most were difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Most of them cannot engage a decent fellow just looking to make a bit of a connection.
    but for fcuk sake loosen up.

Who you tryin to kid? :P

On average, irish women are as good looking and as bad looking as almost anywhere else. That's how to make a proper generalisation. :P

One thing to echo other posts I have to say is that irish chicks seem to think that in a club if a lad tries to chat to them then he's trying to get in their pants. Maybe it's some kind of vibe I give off, but I didn't have the same problem on a coupla nights out in London where everyone was open for a chat and a bit of craic, unlike here.

Nope you just proved mine ;)

I Have never in my life treated anyone in anyway bad.
    Dont wrap me in your little cliche ;)

No. Sorry. We're not talking about you - we're talking about Irish women in general. By your own admission, your friends think your biggest downfall is the fact that you are nice and you are approachable. That would suggest to me that, while you're genuine, people are advising you against this. It speaks volumes and proves my point.

amacachi wrote: »

On average, irish women are as good looking and as bad looking as almost anywhere else. That's how to make a proper generalisation. :P

One thing to echo other posts I have to say is that irish chicks seem to think that in a club if a lad tries to chat to them then he's trying to get in their pants. Maybe it's some kind of vibe I give off, but I didn't have the same problem on a coupla nights out in London where everyone was open for a chat and a bit of craic, unlike here.

Let them think that then prove them wrong ;)Or are they right :eek::D

No. Sorry. We're not talking about you - we're talking about Irish women in general. By your own admission, your friends think your biggest downfall is the fact that you are nice and you are approachable. That would suggest to me that, while you're genuine, people are advising you against this. It speaks volumes and proves my point.

I will tell you that is actually not my friends telling me that.But my uncle and the male counter parts of my family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

My past experiences with Irish women seems to be;

Attractive
    Mentally Stable
    Single

Choose two.

I will tell you that is actually not my friends telling me that.But my uncle and the male counter parts of my family.

Men telling their female relations to be wary of other men = Princess Syndrome.

Women smothering their male children and making them become totally reliant on them right through to adulthood = Mommy's Boys.

I'm not pointing the ultimate finger of blame at anyone. Adults are responsible for their own decisions and actions. If a women treats men like crap because someone else told her to, it's her fault and she's a bitch. If a grown man needs his mummy to wipe his arse for him, he's a loser and it's his fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It doesn't and I've had a number of conversations, borderline arguments, with my Irish female friends on this subject and at the end of the day, they've admitted that it is, realistically, the fear of rejection that stops them approaching a guy.

So is shqipshume right and do some Irish women lack a lot of self-confidence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

amacachi wrote: »

You are saying exactly what I am saying horse.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭petrochemical

Whereas this could have been an objective look at the shítty social habits of a certain goup of women in Irish (let's face it, mainly Dublin) society... you have gone and turned it into a woman-hating, steaming pile of turd. Saying Irish women are ugly and going on to slate obviously good looking Irish women by calling them 'anorexic' and 'horse face' and punctuating your nonsense with 'lol' like a braindead idiot... all you're doing is being an outright misogynist.

FWIW, I met a few seriously hot Irish women last night. Saying they're all ugly is retarded.

Saying some women aren't good looking isn't women hating, lol. It's all opinion anyway. Lots of Irish men have no taste in women, as evidenced by some of the names given on that other thread. I'm going to assume that the "seriously hot women" you met last night are in fact, average at best. Enjoy your mediocre standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

And you know his standards are mediocre... how?
    Saying some women aren't good looking isn't women hating, lol. It's all opinion anyway.
    Wow... you do some serious back-tracking. I'd say the "women-hating" bit was in reference to "Irish women are the ugliest on earth". So is it Irish women or some Irish women? Or just some women? Are they "the ugliest" or "not good-looking"? And is it opinion or objective (which you said earlier)?

Saying there is not one good looking Irish woman... or at least not one really beautiful Irish woman... is laughable. Or trolling.

Not happy or just not nice? Or both?

I've seen it. A lot.

Why should the man always risk rejection and never the woman? A smile and a bit of eye contact? Cowardly.

Men also enjoy earning higher salaries than women in the workplace. What happened to that? We moved on...

I chatted her up. She was approachable, genuine and friendly. I made an effort with a few Irish girls prior to that. Some were nice. Most were difficult.

I really don't know where your coming from with the whole irish girl been a bitch from:confused: when some guy approaches them.
    I think some girls may have a barrier up if that's the case(ofc you get some who are just bitches) but it definitely is not in a majority of cases.
    I have seen it with my friends from other countries more so that if a Irish guy approaches them,they size him up money and clothes and looks wise and depends on how much he spends on them before they stick with him.

Tell me how they react when a guy approaches them what would they say?

I didn't say she was.Irish guys do when they walk away from a girl who has made the effort to talk to them.
    Maybe not in your case you don't think like that but a lot do.She talks to him then he had to make no effort so she has already easy.
    Or did we lol ;)

How is it cowardly for a woman to give eye contact and smile and let the guy come to her?

Non Irish women definitely don't make the first move and i know alot of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Thread starts with Irish women being fussy, ends with them being ugly...hmm...

Men telling their female relations to be wary of other men = Princess Syndrome.

Women smothering their male children and making them become totally reliant on them right through to adulthood = Mommy's Boys.

I'm not pointing the ultimate finger of blame at anyone. Adults are responsible for their own decisions and actions. If a women treats men like crap because someone else told her to, it's her fault and she's a bitch. If a grown man needs his mummy to wipe his arse for him, he's a loser and it's his fault.

Yeah see that's when i draw the line,Luckily what other people tell me goes over my head lol :o
    I don't listen to anyone :D

Princess syndrome god i have never seen a Irish girl with that amount of self belief or self confidence in herself to think of herself that important.If anything complete opposite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Dudess wrote: »
    And you know his standards are mediocre... how?

Wow... you do some serious back-tracking. I'd say the "women-hating" bit was in reference to "Irish women are the ugliest on earth". So is it Irish women or some Irish women? Or just some women? Are they "the ugliest" or "not good-looking"? And is it opinion or objective (which you said earlier)?

Dudess, your energy for these kind of threads is commendable :pac:
    Saying there is not one good looking Irish woman... or at least not one really beautiful Irish woman... is laughable. Or trolling.
    I'd say trolling. But in the off-chance of this being a case of 'the grass is always greener.." Well its the idiotic nature of this forum. Next week he will joining forces with the other Irish Women Haters, arguing over which limb they could do without (if asked to give one up) in order to have a three-some with the Seoige sisters :rolleyes:

It doesn't and I've had a number of conversations, borderline arguments, with my Irish female friends on this subject and at the end of the day, they've admitted that it is, realistically, the fear of rejection that stops them approaching a guy.

So is shqipshume right and do some Irish women lack a lot of self-confidence?

I would say a majority are lacking in self confidence or feel any self worth
    from what i have seen,And therefore feel any guy who approaches them is only out for one thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I'm after reading this thread, it's probably one of the funniest I've encountered, so here's my two cents:
    Irish women, foreign women etc... it doesn't matter where a bird is from, if she's a bitch, she's a bitch, if she's sound, then she's sound! In saying that, I find Irish women in the Republic to be a bit stuck-up etc... and a wee bit narrow minded in their view of men etc... However the same can be applied to men. My experience is that, whenever I've been sound to a bird I've received no benefit from it and I've only being left feeling like crap. The problem has been wealth, Americanisation, etc... but this has always existed, I'm sure back in the 80s, women aspired to be Joan Collins off of Dynasty!;)
    Here's the answer to all of our problems "Bag Of Glue" by the Rubberbandits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

I love Irish women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Poccington wrote: »
    I love Irish women.

I love women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

tribulus wrote: »
    I love women.

I love you.

Oh no wait, I mean eh... I love all the birds yeah?

*Runs out of thread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

It isn't to any reasonable person. And seriously, slapping someone when it's not in self defence being ok in any situation by either gender...?

Was just making a point that everyone deserves some mutual respect. I have come across things like this in clubs before (particularly good looking girls pushing you out of the way while they are getting through a crowd) it is very annoying and tbh they deserve a good push back-what makes them think they are better than other people in a club?

Same would go for anyone acting this way but I remember coming across one particular group of girls in a club who pushed themselves to the front of the bar, pushed themselves through a crowd and later on seen them skipping the queue for the coats-really boils my blood and the situation I commented on seems a bit similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hm, where have I heard "s/he provoked me" as a justification for physical violence before? Anyone?

Wasn't condoning violence, particularly men laying a hand on a woman is disgusting in my books-was just making the point that she deserved to be taken down a peg or two after acting like that to yourman in the first place. (As in he decided to insult her back)

Oh yeah, of course girls pushing their way to the top of a queue etc is unacceptable... but I wonder whether those times women act as if they have more entitlements is because they're used to preferential treatment due to the fact they're women... by certain men?
    My mate (a guy) was raging recently over how he couldn't get a taxi the Saturday night of the bank holiday weekend because the drivers kept ignoring him in favour of stopping for groups of girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

segaBOY wrote: »
    Wasn't condoning violence, particularly men laying a hand on a woman is disgusting in my books-was just making the point that she deserved to be taken down a peg or two after acting like that to yourman in the first place. (As in he decided to insult her back)
    I didn't actually push her over. That part was a joke. The rest was true though. ****in geebag.
    Oh yeah, of course girls pushing their way to the top of a queue etc is unacceptable... but I wonder whether those times women act as if they have more entitlements is because they're used to preferential treatment due to the fact they're women... by certain men?
    Interesting point and id agree with you. I'd hold a door open for anyone, male or female, young or old. Most say thanks, and then there's the ones who walk past as though they were expecting it. They tend to be young women about my age but there's plenty of exceptions too. And I'm sure there's always the ****ing gob****es who'll happily let an old woman stand on a bus but when a young girl with a nice pair of tits gets on board, they're off the chair so fast you'd swear they were raped by it.

I've gone out with one particurlarly nice irish lass before. The other 4...well, bollocks to them. I was lied to, cheated on and ignored for no reason (didnt even have the balls to break up that one so i did her the favour and never contacted her) I never approach women in pubs as they just assume you're after a shag. for me and many blokes, it isn't true but it's not like we're given the chance to prove it. In my experience, foreign ladies are just much friendlier and polite. I've met some great people and had some great craic on nights out with random Polish, Italian, German and Lithuanian girls (not sex, just having a laugh) Never with irish ones though :confused:
    My mate (a guy) was raging recently over how he couldn't get a taxi the Saturday night of the bank holiday weekend because the drivers kept ignoring him in favour of stopping for groups of girls.
    It's the actions of those dicks that give people that sense of entitlement. It's everywhere. Simply because the girls are good looking they get the right of passage. That's shallowness on the male side. It annoys me as much as women acting like princesses.

Yeah, there's complaining about it but also a level of contributing to it - females' looks are under constant scrutiny and used to evaluate them as people, but in a negative sense and in a positive sense. And it can be the case that, when it's negative, they're met with "tough sh1t, that's life, good-looking people get on better" but then when it's positive: "little princesses with their sense of entitlement."

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

just push those beaatchs out of the way. being a bit evil gets you more bang

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19826614.100-bad-guys-really-do-get-the-most-girls.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

musicmonky wrote: »
    just push those beaatchs out of the way. being a bit evil gets you more bang

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19826614.100-bad-guys-really-do-get-the-most-girls.html

>>> PUA's in Dublin thread: It's not rocket science, women generally are idiots in this regard.

I wasn't gonna post in this thread again put last night served up a big ol' bowl of proof-pudding:

Myself and my better half were out on the town last night, late arrivals to the club, due to meet up with a group of her female college friends (whom I had never met before). On arrival she spotted her friends beside the bar at the back of the room, and we seperated to go to the toilet, with the plan of meetin up over there.

I'm finished first as expected, so I amble over towards the bar, and have to walk through my GF's group of friends to get there, one of which is dancing like an epileptic crackhead. I decide to give her the space required for her spontaneous elbow movements and walk around her. I haven't had a drink at this point btw.

All I'm tryin to do is get to the bar but as I pass - having seen me trying to avoid the dancing fiend - another girl insists on giving me the age old mime-like "I'm being pressed up against a pane of glass, and somebody's just shat in my handbag" expression... Somewhat of a classic with Irish girls in clubs. She goes "In your dreams, keep walking".

I usually wouldn't succumb but I hate cunts like this, so I say: "If you keep making that face people will continue thinking your friends are prettier than you", and...she...ERUPTS!: "Fuck you! Fuck you you ugly prick" etc etc. A real lady.

Long story, well, long... 15 minutes later I'm getting a "OMG Im soooo sorry, I had no idea you were Niamh's BF, OMG I'm such a tit, I thought u were just some random guy". I almost asked: "So what if I was?", but I wasn't bothered wasting my time or energy. The less time I spend conversing with horrible human beings the better, as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

consultech wrote: »
    Long story, well, long... 15 minutes later I'm getting a "OMG Im soooo sorry, I had no idea you were Niamh's BF, OMG I'm such a tit, I thought u were just some random guy". I almost asked: "So what if I was?", but I wasn't bothered wasting my time or energy. The less time I spend conversing with horrible human beings the better, as far as I'm concerned.
    Did you not even push her?

Well this thread has gone on for 16 pages. What is clear is that there are nice girls out there but we dont hear from them much because ireland seems to have the highest population of cúnts in Europe. your story is just another bit of proof.:pac:

consultech wrote: »
    >>> PUA's in Dublin thread: It's not rocket science, women generally are idiots in this regard.

I wasn't gonna post in this thread again put last night served up a big ol' bowl of proof-pudding:

Myself and my better half were out on the town last night, late arrivals to the club, due to meet up with a group of her female college friends (whom I had never met before). On arrival she spotted her friends beside the bar at the back of the room, and we seperated to go to the toilet, with the plan of meetin up over there.

I'm finished first as expected, so I amble over towards the bar, and have to walk through my GF's group of friends to get there, one of which is dancing like an epileptic crackhead. I decide to give her the space required for her spontaneous elbow movements and walk around her. I haven't had a drink at this point btw.

All I'm tryin to do is get to the bar but as I pass - having seen me trying to avoid the dancing fiend - another girl insists on giving me the age old mime-like "I'm being pressed up against a pane of glass, and somebody's just shat in my handbag" expression... Somewhat of a classic with Irish girls in clubs. She goes "In your dreams, keep walking".

I usually wouldn't succumb but I hate cunts like this, so I say: "If you keep making that face people will continue thinking your friends are prettier than you", and...she...ERUPTS!: "Fuck you! Fuck you you ugly prick" etc etc. A real lady.

Wow she was one nasty piece of work :mad:

Sorry to say guys it works both ways,there is just as many nasty guys as there is girls! And i have come across them the whole picking up a girl who in their eyes is not so great looking and make a joke out of her,seen that happen a lot with Irish guys.Also Irish guys who shove you flying out of their way to get to bar and curse rudely.
    I don't know where yous go out but in the clubs i would go to when i go out in Dublin the girls are pretty quiet and nearly die when approached by a guy but they are nice to them or they just say no thanks,but i don't hear the kind of girls yous lot are meeting maybe you have to start picking the girls who you don't normally look at.;)

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA

Hahaha i knew that would work :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭JacquesD'Ladd

Thread starts with Irish women being fussy, ends with them being ugly...hmm...
    LOL
    but i can understand why ...
    the thread stated in the beginning how they act out being fussy, such as the ignorance some women show in bars and the like; it is one possible conclusion that there are so many ignorant obnoxious Irish women nowadays because they are deeply unhappy about their own appearance, and ignorance is their way of expressing their unhappiness. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

If you think Irish women in general are ugly. You should get out more. This was in the original article:
    This fussiness could also explain the claim from 40 per cent of single women that they haven’t had a relationship in three years. While Irish women are the fussiest in the 13 countries surveyed

That I believe. I'm just an ordinary enough guy, not a babe magnet or an ugly brute. Yet at times I might as well have been invisible as far as women were concerned. I obviously didn't tick all their boxes. But I never lost sleep over it. I did meet a lovely woman eventually and we are now happily married. She was in her thirties when we married. But what amazed me was meeting many of her friends. Women in their thirties, often good looking, intelligent and fun to be around. Yet single. Not even boyfriends. As I got to know them, you soon realise why. They had a list, whether actual or subconscious. If you didn't fit the list you were written off. There were men around like that but most of the savvy women had snapped them up early and by now were either divorced or living the happy married life.

So they stay single until they lower their standards, which is why you see more women around these days with husbands who earn less than them. But are otherwise sound. Even my missus got caught by that one. She didn't realise I was earning a lot less than her until it was too late when she had become used to my dubious charms. I didn't either by the way. So I slipped through the net.:cool:

Women are their own worst enemies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

i wouldnt go as far as to say all irish women are ugly and or obnoxious but many of them really think theyre hot **** when theyre just plain avaerage if that

and the ones who are a bit above average looking think the sun shines out of their XXXXXXX when in actual fact they are just average looking compared to women of other countries who can be smoking hot and also freiendly and down to earth about it

irish women have a lot to learn from their international sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

This thread is a prime example of the bitterness between irish men and women.

Its nothing but guys moaning about how girls a g33bags to them when they try chat them up and then the girls saying guys are just as bad.

There is no doubt in the world that Irish girls are probably the most fussy in europe say. Do we ever ask ourselves why? We know why lets be honest. Cause we are a nation of drinkers. We get Sh!tfaced on nights out and drool over birds and talk ****e and grope (not everyone). But most girls in dublin especially will have been harassed by at least 10 blokes on nights out where the bloke will either swat around them not taking no for an answer, be disrespectful, think its a given that they shud get a ride and just be dicks. These are the reasons why women in ireland are very very hard to talk to. Its cause they are careful and there is no harm in that. Personally I am over this argument as my friends and I talked about it for years but Im more for the approach of just sticking to being myself and havin the banter on a night out! Anything else with a woman is a plus!

On another note there are obviously the stuck up snobs who think they are all that and too good looking to talk to most males unless they sport a crackin JAWLINE and a 6pack but me personally would say good luck to them women. They are sad, materialistic vain people. And girls dont try to defend these girls cause u know well its true :P

As WILL I AM once said "Where is the love" haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

maybe just fordin women are easier to talk to/get on with etc because they don't know many people here and don't judge you as much because they're not here long enough to judge people on what you're wearing or on your accent etc., and also they'd be here to meet new people and make new friends so they're more likely to want to know you.
    I don't care where women come from, but i definitely have some kind of what's almost like a fear built into me when approaching irish girls, expecting some kind of cruel put down or total rejection or humiliation, probably from when i was an awkward teenager in discos and a spotty awkward college student not getting any. It's still in me till this day. You don't put your hand in the fire twice! So yeah obviously I would never bother trying to chat up an Irish girl in a bar these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭donster79

Irish women are the hood rats of Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

:)

donster79 wrote: »
    Irish women are the hood rats of Europe
    Aw, poor donster. Yet again... FAIL. ;)

• Advertisement

LOL
    but i can understand why ...
    the thread stated in the beginning how they act out being fussy, such as the ignorance some women show in bars and the like; it is one possible conclusion that there are so many ignorant obnoxious Irish women nowadays because they are deeply unhappy about their own appearance, and ignorance is their way of expressing their unhappiness. :confused:

Or it's one possible conclusion a lot of women are weary of men going for "dutch courage" and ending up in fact just harassing them/being sleazy/going overboard then drinking much more. So they reckon the best defense is a good offense ><

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

bluewolf wrote: »
    Or it's one possible conclusion a lot of women are weary of men going for "dutch courage" and ending up in fact just harassing them/being sleazy/going overboard then drinking much more. So they reckon the best defense is a good offense ><

Probably why a lot of Irish men are sick of Irish women?

No score draw? Yes?*

*Barring the obvious generalisations.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Probably why a lot of Irish men are sick of Irish women?

Oh do behave.. You are suffering from an awful dose of "the grass is greener", it's either that or trolling. I'd believe the former.

You cannot argue the fact that the Irish men that are p1ssed with Irish wimminz *pick* these women themselves. Another poster gave the impression that all Irish women are venomous fag-ash-Lils..

I don't smoke. I do swear, but I don't have a 'howiya' so it doesn't sound like nails on a blackboard. Whats more is, I'm confident about my personality and looks, and would never *EVER* be rude to any guy that approached me.

Maybe Irish men need to re-define how they look at Irish women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

If a girl's not fussy you'll call her easy, and if she is fussy you'll still complain about it. Yet the double-standard of being "fussy" still falls on women.
    Wagon wrote: »
    I kind of guessed this already. Take last week for example.

He(referring to me):"Sorry, could you move I'm trying to get to the bar"
    She:"no, you're too ugly to get served."
    Me(referring to he):"yeah well you're too fat to wear a skirt but you went and ****ing broke the rules anyway didn't you?"

Then i pushed her over.
    Where does fussiness come into this? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I didn't bother reading the thread, but can someone confirm if it's all the guys on one side and all the girls one the other both blaming each others behaviour for the reason why Irish men/women dislike Irish women/men?

I believe that is called a ****ing school dance people, can't we all just get along and ****?

Dragan wrote: »
    I didn't bother reading the thread, but can someone confirm if it's all the guys on one side and all the girls one the other both blaming each others behaviour for the reason why Irish men/women dislike Irish women/men?

I believe that is called a ****ing school dance people, can't we all just get along and ****?

They started it :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I was going to suggest earlier that some should get a room, but now I'm angling more towards Dragan's solution only with extra spice. Get a big room get nekkid, grease yerselves up and have an actual ****ing school dance.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

slinkycity.com/half-full-or-half-empty.html

Quote:
    Glass half full?

The government would say that the glass is fuller than if the opposition party were in power.

The opposition would say that it is irrelevant because the present administration has changed the way such volume statistics are collected.

The philosopher would say that, if the glass was in the forest and no one was there to see it, would it be half anything?

The economist would say that, in real terms, the glass is 25% fuller than at the same time last year.

The banker would say that the glass has just under 50% of its net worth in liquid assets.

The psychiatrist would ask, "What did your mother say about the glass?"

The physicist would say that the volume of this cylinder is divided into two equal parts; one a colorless, odorless liquid, the other a colorless, odorless gas. Thus the cylinder is neither full nor empty. Rather, each half of the cylinder is full, one with a gas, one with a liquid.

The seasoned drinker would say that the glass doesn''t have enough ice in it.

My Heads Spinnin :confused::confused:

Poccington wrote: »
    What's wrong with having standards?

Some women just have a cheek to be having standards....

Usually there's a dirty knacker breathing down her throat though. You know the type who follows the girl around the place all night as if to say 'look eveyone, ive actually pulled this moth' or whatever kanacker jargon there is. So, I find, if I turn around and say something about the pushing, its only going to end up heating up. So i just ignore them, keeping them out at the same time though.

Just Fart !! she'll soon be off your back :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Abigayle wrote: »
    Oh do behave.. You are suffering from an awful dose of "the grass is greener", it's either that or trolling. I'd believe the former.

You cannot argue the fact that the Irish men that are p1ssed with Irish wimminz *pick* these women themselves. Another poster gave the impression that all Irish women are venomous fag-ash-Lils..

I don't smoke. I do swear, but I don't have a 'howiya' so it doesn't sound like nails on a blackboard. Whats more is, I'm confident about my personality and looks, and would never *EVER* be rude to any guy that approached me.

Maybe Irish men need to re-define how they look at Irish women.
    Yea it's a funny one played out a lot on here and in life. I dunno, I have tended to go for non Irish for most of my life. Way before the current influx of new people in Ireland. And I must say before the current nastiness in men and women I have seen recently. IMHO there was less of this them and us back in the day, or at least I didn't see it as much. That was a time when "Old" Ireland was still in play or just over, when you would expect to see it more.

I think I ended up with non irish as a quirk of my own personality more than the "Irish women" themselves. I just seemed to gel better with them as lovers for some reason. As friends I have really close relationships with Irish women and wouldn't swap them for the world. As lovers though? No, for some reason. It's not the oft trotted out looks thing either. OK exotic is nice an all, but it wasn't that.

IMHO I will say and this is obviously a generalisation, irish women can act quite differently as mates compared to lovers. I see it with my own women friends. One in particular, good looking, intelligent etc is considered "hard work" as a partner and TBH she is. A nightmare in fact. Jealous, domineering, seeker of high drama, emotionally self destructive etc

On the complere polar opposite side, she is one of the best mates you could have though. Great fun, no drama and one helluva support. But I know that if tomorrow we suddenly decided we were mad for each other, the coming together of my wobbly bits and her wobbly bits would be a jekyll and hyde moment for her. Literally a different person would emerge. She is an extreme of that, but I have noted that tendency more in irish women than women from other cultures. They are more prone to act like there is a vast diff between mates and lovers. There is a diff, but not to that degree.

maybe that's part of it?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement