Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish women.... fussy... god no... i mean yes

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

An engineer would say the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

An Irish woman would say, "this glass? I didn't ask you to buy me a glass. You're not getting anywhere with me just because you got me a glass. Why is it only half full anyway? My last BF bought me two. And they were full. And he was hung like a shire horse. Bit of a cheapskate are you? Harrummph!".

An Irish man would say, "Ladies don't drink pints so I got you a half. I drank some on the way over for dutch courage. Fancy a roide?".

*Runs away...* :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Wibbs wrote: »
    I was going to suggest earlier that some should get a room, but now I'm angling more towards Dragan's solution only with extra spice. Get a big room get nekkid, grease yerselves up and have an actual ****ing school dance.:D
    Oh how I love your mind Wibbs :pac:
    Yea it's a funny one played out a lot on here and in life. I dunno, I have tended to go for non Irish for most of my life.
    Fair fewks. Well I can see the attraction. A good friend of mind is a non-national, and its like he has a totally different take on things. Its actually refreshing.
    As lovers though? No, for some reason.
    And like *that* he slated the ladies of the nation :p
    IMHO I will say and this is obviously a generalisation, irish women can act quite differently as mates compared to lovers. I see it with my own women friends. One in particular, good looking, intelligent etc is considered "hard work" as a partner and TBH she is. A nightmare in fact. Jealous, domineering, seeker of high drama, emotionally self destructive etc
    I have few female friends for the exact same reason.
    I have noted that tendency more in irish women than women from other cultures. They are more prone to act like there is a vast diff between mates and lovers. There is a diff, but not to that degree.
    maybe that's part of it?

Can't argue with you there. I'm a bit of a messer (shock horror) and much prefer male company. Conversations with women bother me, because the subject often turns serious / gossipy. But in fairness Irish guys seem to have a bit of a problem being platonic too. Don't think me big-headed for saying this but, there isn't one of them that hasn't tried it on. Its like they kind of have to get it 'out of the way' or something :pac:

Bottom line I suppose is, don't lose faith in all Irish women. They aren't all jealous and diva-ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I was going to suggest earlier that some should get a room, but now I'm angling more towards Dragan's solution only with extra spice. Get a big room get nekkid, grease yerselves up and have an actual ****ing school dance.:D

Back in the pile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭onetrueone

NickNolte wrote: »
    No. I'm not. If you read my post, you'll see that I said a 'certain group' of Irish women.

I'm sure you don't. I'm sorry though but there's an endemic issue with "stuck up little princess syndrome" in this city - end of story. These women are probably in the minority but the ratio is high enough to denote a very severe problem with how girls in this country are being raised. It's no different to the sterotype of the Irish male in his 30's still tied to his mother's apron strings. While it's not true of the majority of Irish men, it's prevalent enough to justify that there's a problem.

I'm in a relationship so it doesn't really concern me specifically but I have watched some of my single male friends being treated with the most jaw-dropping cruelty when on nights out before. About 50% of my friends who are in relationships (including myself) are going out with/engaged/married to foreign women. Again, I would see this as some indication of there being a severe problem in the Irish dating scene. I won't attempt to suggest what that problem is. We'll just call it 'the elephant in the room'.

Spot on Nick with your observations (and earlier posts here). You say 50% of your friends are dating foreign women, in my social circle Out of 10 of my closest friends, 8 are dating/engeged/married to foreign women (Including myself).

Why has this not been picked up by social commentators in the media?
    What is wrong with some Irish women? (and it seems to be a considerable number of them)

NickNolte wrote: »
    ...actually this proves my point. You're being told that being nice to guys that approach you is one of your worst downfalls. Says it all about the cliquey, paranoid, insecure nature of Irish society really.

Nail on the head, this is the nub of the problem and part of the reason we Irish drink so much.

consultech wrote: »
    >>> PUA's in Dublin thread: It's not rocket science, women generally are idiots in this regard.

I wasn't gonna post in this thread again put last night served up a big ol' bowl of proof-pudding:

Myself and my better half were out on the town last night, late arrivals to the club, due to meet up with a group of her female college friends (whom I had never met before). On arrival she spotted her friends beside the bar at the back of the room, and we seperated to go to the toilet, with the plan of meetin up over there.

I'm finished first as expected, so I amble over towards the bar, and have to walk through my GF's group of friends to get there, one of which is dancing like an epileptic crackhead. I decide to give her the space required for her spontaneous elbow movements and walk around her. I haven't had a drink at this point btw.

All I'm tryin to do is get to the bar but as I pass - having seen me trying to avoid the dancing fiend - another girl insists on giving me the age old mime-like "I'm being pressed up against a pane of glass, and somebody's just shat in my handbag" expression... Somewhat of a classic with Irish girls in clubs. She goes "In your dreams, keep walking".

I usually wouldn't succumb but I hate cunts like this, so I say: "If you keep making that face people will continue thinking your friends are prettier than you", and...she...ERUPTS!: "Fuck you! Fuck you you ugly prick" etc etc. A real lady.

Long story, well, long... 15 minutes later I'm getting a "OMG Im soooo sorry, I had no idea you were Niamh's BF, OMG I'm such a tit, I thought u were just some random guy". I almost asked: "So what if I was?", but I wasn't bothered wasting my time or energy. The less time I spend conversing with horrible human beings the better, as far as I'm concerned.

But that's her real personality shining through, all too common behaviour these day's I'm afraid.

Wagon wrote: »
    because ireland seems to have the highest population of cúnts in Europe. your story is just another bit of proof.:pac:

The evidence seems to point in this direction

If you think Irish women in general are ugly. You should get out more. This was in the original article:

That I believe. I'm just an ordinary enough guy, not a babe magnet or an ugly brute. Yet at times I might as well have been invisible as far as women were concerned. I obviously didn't tick all their boxes. But I never lost sleep over it. I did meet a lovely woman eventually and we are now happily married. She was in her thirties when we married. But what amazed me was meeting many of her friends. Women in their thirties, often good looking, intelligent and fun to be around. Yet single. Not even boyfriends. As I got to know them, you soon realise why. They had a list, whether actual or subconscious. If you didn't fit the list you were written off. There were men around like that but most of the savvy women had snapped them up early and by now were either divorced or living the happy married life.

So they stay single until they lower their standards, which is why you see more women around these days with husbands who earn less than them. But are otherwise sound. Even my missus got caught by that one. She didn't realise I was earning a lot less than her until it was too late when she had become used to my dubious charms. I didn't either by the way. So I slipped through the net.:cool:

Women are their own worst enemies.

Good post, hopefully this recession will be a good learning experience for many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by consultech
    >>> PUA's in Dublin thread: It's not rocket science, women generally are idiots in this regard.

I wasn't gonna post in this thread again put last night served up a big ol' bowl of proof-pudding:

Myself and my better half were out on the town last night, late arrivals to the club, due to meet up with a group of her female college friends (whom I had never met before). On arrival she spotted her friends beside the bar at the back of the room, and we seperated to go to the toilet, with the plan of meetin up over there.

I'm finished first as expected, so I amble over towards the bar, and have to walk through my GF's group of friends to get there, one of which is dancing like an epileptic crackhead. I decide to give her the space required for her spontaneous elbow movements and walk around her. I haven't had a drink at this point btw.

All I'm tryin to do is get to the bar but as I pass - having seen me trying to avoid the dancing fiend - another girl insists on giving me the age old mime-like "I'm being pressed up against a pane of glass, and somebody's just shat in my handbag" expression... Somewhat of a classic with Irish girls in clubs. She goes "In your dreams, keep walking".

I usually wouldn't succumb but I hate ***** like this, so I say: "If you keep making that face people will continue thinking your friends are prettier than you", and...she...ERUPTS!: "**** you! **** you you ugly prick" etc etc. A real lady.

Long story, well, long... 15 minutes later I'm getting a "OMG Im soooo sorry, I had no idea you were Niamh's BF, OMG I'm such a tit, I thought u were just some random guy". I almost asked: "So what if I was?", but I wasn't bothered wasting my time or energy. The less time I spend conversing with horrible human beings the better, as far as I'm concerned
    Indeed . A female poster in the thread suggested that irishmen can be fussy to .
    Well by the discription above who can blame them ? .
    Being fussy is one thing , being disrepectful when there is no need to be is another .

Of course this is not the whole story and guys can equally be nasty .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

• Some Irish girls are clueless when it comes to relationships, some Irish guys are clueless when it comes to relationships.
    • Some Irish girls are bitter from past experiences and that clouds their judgement, some Irish guys are bitter from past experiences and that clouds their judgement.
    • Some Irish girls are assholes, some Irish guys are assholes.

There are plenty of decent Irish girls and Irish boys out there, just make sure you're not hammered when you talk to them.

If you come across a nutter/asshole/bitter one smile to yourself and be glad that they behaved like this early on. At least you didn't invest too much time and effort in them.

NEVER take on a new partner with a view to "fixing" them, you can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 chele

onetrueone wrote: »
    But that's her real personality shining through, all too common behaviour these day's I'm afraid.

That is disgraceful behaviour on her part.
    I am constantly given out to by girls about how I am too nice to guys who crack on to me. I am sorry but I take it as a compliment, when a guy makes an effort to speak to me and I won't just shut him down in a cruel fashion.

I have a boyfriend and while I dnt entertain these guys for long, I can see that for many guys, it takes a lot of balls to talk to women and the least you can do is smile and politely tell them your not interested. Usually I chat to them about trivial things, letting them know inadvertently that im taken and then i wish them a good night and usually find an exit.. now thats somewhat mannerly compared to the bitchy eyes, roll of the eyes and foul expressions such as; "Dream On".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not going to get into the who Irish men/women are crap thing, but the trend of Irish men going out with non-Irish women is an interesting one. I'm seeing a Swiss girl at the moment, who's brilliant. Off my male friends that are involved in relationships, six of there are going out with non-Irish girls and just one is seeing an Irish girl. All of my female friends in relationships are seeing Irish guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement