Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson X1 Xperia

• 10-04-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi All,

Thinking of changing from iphone 3g for Sony Ericsson X1 Xperia , what are peoples opinions?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What do you want from a phone?

Have a look at this (All might not apply to you) and come back to us.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055514104

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Simond

Great, Looking for good touchscreen phone, for Email and business apps, also would need good VNC / RDP as I use this a lot on the iphone to connect in to PC's in the office. Iphone is fine but just looking to see of there is anything better that will do the job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I have a X1i and love it. I don't use it in the manner that you plan to, however, I find it a great handset. I primarily use it for email access with several of my email accounts and use Google maps on occasion. The 3" screen and 800 x 480 resolution provide a large and clear viewing area which makes the X1i that much easier to use.

One thing you might have issue with would be the fact that the screen is not flush with the case and sits slightly recessed; this causes issues when pressing Ok or X in the corner of the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Simond

Great, are the menu's laggy? Is it fast to respond? also can you upgrade to Windows mobile 6.5?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Simond wrote: »
    Great, are the menu's laggy? Is it fast to respond? also can you upgrade to Windows mobile 6.5?

Cheers

I installed a custom rom, so it runs faster than the standard rom, the panels are still a bit laggy, but I don't use them, and officially a Windows Mobile handset is required to have a dedicated Windows button in order to support Windows Mobile 6.5, which the X1 doesn't have, however, Microsoft has recently clarified the matter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement