Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best cleaner EVER

• 10-04-2009 6:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

i have tried everything to get black streaks etc off camper, used this stuff from LIDL called W5, its in a small round plastic container, you use a sponge (included), its like a boot polish, but white then wash off. camper is like new.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Scully,just got in from Lidl, and do you know what! yes there are several dozen cleaning products carrying the name "W5" could you give a few more details of which cleaner you think is the bee's knees.:cool::D Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Tell us please! I'm not a huge fan of washing my vehicles but I do like to keep the van clean and dem black streaks are the worst:mad: I've tried a couple of specific motorhome products but not with great results.

I used the lidl insect remover on my van then read on an other forum that It's a big no no.Something nasty in it that can eat your paintwork:eek:I'd rinsed it well before it dried but still had a nervous couple of weeks watching for any ill effects.Its fine thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Yeah. i used insect repellent from Woodie's on the bonnet of my camper and it left blotch's all over,i had to T-Cut the entire bonnet to get it's good looks back. Soap and water for insects from now on,or this magic W5:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

T Cut have a polish that works great on black streaks. Its in a green bottle. Removes marks easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

When your vehicle is clean, a good coat of good wax will tend to keep the black marks at bay.

But be prepared to spend a couple of hours doing a proper wax. Waxes that are too easy to apply tend not to be the best.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭scully74

boyoh wrote: »
    Scully,just got in from Lidl, and do you know what! yes there are several dozen cleaning products carrying the name "W5" could you give a few more details of which cleaner you think is the bee's knees.:cool::D Thanks

its called W5 bio-cleaning stone, comes in a white/blue/yellow tube with sponge thing for applying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

oh and scully ...thanks for the tip with the cleaner. Washed the MH on Sat, had some of that stuff bought previously and tried it ...you're right ...black stripes just disappear without any effort !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

scully74 wrote: »
    its called W5 bio-cleaning stone, comes in a white/blue/yellow tube with sponge thing for applying it

I'm guessing its pumice based then and is just like an agressinve cutting compound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

scully74 wrote: »

got stuck in a field over the week end (its a long story) so i went to ldil to look for some of this couldn't find it ,do they still do it,

Advertisement