Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FLY WHEEL GONE ON MY PAJERO

• 10-04-2009 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi guys as the title says the fly wheel is going on my 91 pajero now thing is,the gear box will need to come out so il need to get the clutch done as well am i looking at a stupid bill like 800-1000euro jeep only cost me 1200 in october. How long could i get away without getting it done is my question??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

unless you are able to fix it your self, i know where there is a few of them pajeros broken, is it a 2.5 or a 2.8,

if you cant fix it your self you would be cheaper to just spend the 800-1000 on another one ,you should buy a good one with test for that, i got a thousand cash for my old 2.8 trooper the other day it was a 1991 very clean but if it breaks down park it

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

unless you are able to fix it your self, i know where there is a few of them pajeros broken, is it a 2.5 or a 2.8,

if you cant fix it your self you would be cheaper to just spend the 800-1000 on another one ,you should buy a good one with test for that, i got a thousand cash for my old 2.8 trooper the other day it was a 1991 very clean but if it breaks down park it
    Yeah its the 2.5 good jeep other then that must say. Sold a 02 scooby and got me a jeep and gotta say i wont be buying a car for awhile. Jeeps are far cheaper to tax an insure :mad::mad: would like a newer model and they are going cheap at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

lester76 wrote: »
    Hi guys as the title says the fly wheel is going on my 91 pajero now thing is,the gear box will need to come out so il need to get the clutch done as well am i looking at a stupid bill like 800-1000euro jeep only cost me 1200 in october. How long could i get away without getting it done is my question??

How was the flywheel diagnosed?? a 91 Pajero just has an ordinary flywheel
    not a dual mass version and theres not a lot can go wrong with a flywheel unless the ring gear is fcuked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

ya that is unusual alright i was thinking that myself, not unusual for a clutch but a flywheel,

there is a load of them scrapped in the scrap yard in the sticks in laois, up on the hill,

or you should get a mid 90s one for 2-4k dealers are out the door with them kinda things fiilling up forecourts

great deals to be got , and i would never go back to a car again either far safer in a jeep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

and i would never go back to a car again either far safer in a jeep

Apparantly not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbEa3C2vL7U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Its true, tackling a gearbox on a Pajero is not for the faint hearted, I know all about it :rolleyes: and that would be about the cost.

If your jeep was a commercial from day one then there should just be a normal flywheel in it, so there isn't really much to go wrong, so I would investigate further and make sure the prob is the flywheel.

If it was a passenger jeep at one time, like mine was, or a high spec jap import, it could have a dual mass flywheel, which can cause a few problems. As far as I am aware you can change it to the normal set up easily though. A clutch kit for the dual mass version is different to the standard and is more expensive.

What sort of symptoms are you getting that suggests the flywheel is on the way out anyway, a slipping clutch is a much more common problem. If it is the clutch, and you drive carefully not letting it slip and avoid towing trailers and all that, its possible to get a few more months out of it, but that would be about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

with a booth full of tools and stuff cars can act a little differently, i wouldn't have a 4x4 with my kids in it... unless it was caged and harnessed... just wouldn't risk it.

For a good 2nd flywheel and clutch kit i got quoted 700 all in fitted and back in a day??? Is this right the other garage were saying 1200:mad::mad: Im looking to pull a horsebox soon as i buy 1, so buying another jeep is not in my budget right now:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

If that includes all parts, at e700, it is kinda cheap

Complete clutch kit,2nd flywheel an rear crankshaft seal came to 355 an his labour was 300, happy with that. Does anyone know what size tank is in a 91 swb pajero?? Whats the mpg??

• Advertisement
Advertisement