Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Forum..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I quite like this forum to be honest. I like that there is a decent cross section of MMA fans that actually post here. From people like myself who just watch it to guys like Cowzerp and Roper who train and fight. It's an interesting blend of opinion.

That said, people need to remember it's a public forum and anyone is allowed to post there opinion here. If i want to offer an opinion on two fighters and why one may beat another then people need to look and the logic of my argument as opposed to the source.

The abilities or interests of anyone lend credence to their opinion, not imply that their opinion is an absolute. If a discussion about a technique is happening then i am going to lend more weight to the opinion of people who have trained and applied that technique...that is not a dismissal of the opinion of those who haven't.

I think MMA is like any other thing, it's cliquish, it's elitist, you have factions and they have interests. Everything i have ever been interested or active in my whole life has been that way. The main reason why i like this forum is people tend to do a reasonable job of respecting each others opinion and by and large they can maintain their manners. It's about that simple for me.

I'm glad the forum is going as it is, but i think sometimes people need to remember it's only a forum and you're only a person on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

I think its really weird that people are even discussing this.

Surely, if you dont like it, dont read it.

I only check it every couple of days to check for any events. If I see an opportunity to disagree with someone, ill pounce. Most forums stay alive because of idiots like me. Internet warriors.

I dont think its ever going to be a round table, where only tried and tested MMA conniseuirs(sp?) can mull over last weeks WEC card over a tepid can of monster energy drink(tm).

This forum IS rubbish, but if yous didnt talk about how rubbish it was, it would be dead. And then noone would read it...and then noone would see the occasional ad for a seminar, event etc.

The circle of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Goodness what's with all the whining. So you get annoyed by a forum on boards.ie occasionally, whoop di ****in do, no surprises there. Just get on with it. Perhaps a sub-forum only for those with a minimum 5 B class fights? Yeh right. It's the internet, nobody really cares about anyones credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Valmont wrote: »
    Goodness what's with all the whining. So you get annoyed by a forum on boards.ie occasionally, whoop di ****in do, no surprises there. Just get on with it. Perhaps a sub-forum only for those with a minimum 5 B class fights? Yeh right. It's the internet, nobody really cares about anyones credentials.

sigghhhh...... Posts like this is why i dont come on here as often anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Judomad wrote: »

So there should be more whining? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I don't see what's so wrong with his post? He's right, it's the internet. Deal with it.

Nothing to do with the whining, i liked how the thread to used to be... Its changed alot with ALOT of new posters and again alot of them just make pointless smart arse comments that dont do anything for the forum, i used to love coming on here and posting, now its a struggle to read some of the sh!te some people post..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I don't see what's so wrong with his post? He's right, it's the internet. Deal with it.

Users are providing feedback on the forum in an effort to address concerns they have with it in the hope that we can make the forum better and more enjoyable for everybody, casual fans and those who actively participate in the sport alike. I would hardly call that whining.

That kind of post is more damaging to this conversation than beneficial and is only going to cause unrest and annoy people which would completely defeat the purpose of this thread. If you have a point to make or a opint of view to get across, please do so in a more civil manner in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Karatekrazy

Who is this ortestes guy?

And who are you? haha

• Advertisement

Nothing to do with the whining, i liked how the thread to used to be... Its changed alot with ALOT of new posters and again alot of them just make pointless smart arse comments that dont do anything for the forum

I've been reading and posting in the Self defence and Martial arts forum since 2006, so don't lump me in with the new smart arse posters just because you didn't like one of my posts.

I'm helping out with modding this forum for a while since the mods have real life stuff to deal with and asked for a hand due to time constraints.

I'm a Capricorn who enjoys literature and my favourite food is lasagna. I had a dog once, but it went to live on a farm when it got old.

Now, back on topic please

I've been reading and posting in the Self defence and Martial arts forum since 2006, so don't lump me in with the new smart arse posters just because you didn't like one of my posts.

I didnt lump anybodies name in there so no need to be so hurt by my comment..anyway this thread is gona to the dogs, my last post on this thread..

This isn't the self defence and martial arts forum, this is the MMA forum :)

orestes wrote: »
    This isn't the self defence and martial arts forum, this is the MMA forum :)

Which didn't even exist in 2006 or 2007... hence my reference to the Self Defence and Martial arts forum as that is where all MMA related discussion took place prior to the creation of this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

does that mean that we can only be part of one section ortestes, you just gave a smart arse comment back to him.

I didnt lump anybodies name in there so no need to be so hurt by my comment..anyway this thread is gona to the dogs, my last post on this thread..

Thanks for that announcement.

I think that people should lead by example, so if you want a forum with vast plains of interesting and productive threads and comments. Perhaps you should leave ones like the above out.

I on the other hand, enjoy all this hullabaloo..because these threads seem to be the ones that get the most points.
    And who are you? haha

Who are you???

Actually never mind,that was your last post.

Which didn't even exist in 2006 or 2007... hence my reference to the Self Defence and Martial arts forum as that is where all MMA related discussion took place prior to the creation of this place.

That's fair enough, but I fail to see what relevence that has to this discussion? There are two seperate forums now.
    does that mean that we can only be part of one section ortestes, you just gave a smart arse comment back to him.

What smart arse comment? He made a point, I made a point, and in a friendly manner I thought. If you have issue with any of my posts as moderator take them to PM or start a thread in help desk, do not debate them in thread.

I just fail to see what relevence other forums a user browses or posts in has any relevence to this discussion, especially since the forums in question were previously split so that there are seperate places for discussions of their relevant subject matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I'd like to thank you all very much.

I actually started this topic as a kind of bet. I said to someone that I bet I could start an argument that would run to 4 pages on this forum with one line that didn't actually mean anything. They said "Nah", so I took up the challenge and now I really wish I'd put some money on it.

Who really cares how good or bad the MMA forum is lads it's the INTERNET!

for the record I'm the guy who Clive quoted

Roper wrote: »

I actually started this topic as a kind of bet. I said to someone that I bet I could start an argument that would run to 4 pages on this forum with one line that didn't actually mean anything. They said "Nah", so I took up the challenge and now I really wish I'd put some money on it.

I actually said it to someone earlier (he knows who he is lullerz lols);

The hot threads on here, are the threads talking about threads and what threads should be about.

Arguing about arguing. Posting on a forum, talking about internet forums.

Thread 1:
    • I love forums.
    • no way. me too
    • i hate them
    • dont be smart
    • who are you, you dont even fight, i won the mma league. i know more about forums than you.
    • shutup all of you, i am the mod of the flyfishing forum.
    • this thread has been locked

and so on

• Advertisement

Roper wrote: »

So, what you are saying is that you deliberitely and premeditatedly trolled this forum at a time when a new mod was being brought in to keep things tidy and when there was already a lot of tension in the air between users?

Banned for a month.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement