Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pixelated avi/xvid playback since clean install

Options
  • 10-04-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im not really an expert on computers so this problem might seems trivial yo some but anyway,

system info: vista ultimate 64, ati radeon 4800 series, vlc player, studio xps.

so after having some major problems with my comp i decided a clean install of vista was needed. when i first got the computer it played all file types through vlc perfectly. I have my lcd connected through hdmi. So after i had finished the install and update all drivers plus software i watched a mkv file which seemed fine then i put on an xvid and noticed it was very pixelated. Im not sure how to find out whether its the new vlc player or my graphics card/software. I have downloased all drivers from the ati site and have downloaded a couple of older vlc versions and still no joy. I am currently getting a codec pack for media player which should help me dtermine were the fault is ( if xvid/divx files play ok in media player then its vlc etc )

Does anyone have any suggestions? it really bugging me that i used to get great playback of those files and now i have to endure a youtube like quality of playback.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

played through media player the quality is far superior, so is it vlc? i would rather use vlc so any ideas on fixing it?

thanks again

Advertisement