Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power FM Now Live on the FM Dial 99.5FM (Legally!)

• 10-04-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭

Yo Guys,

Finally after 16 years too long Power FM is now (legally) on the airwaves broadcasting at 99.5FM all weekend for the next 10 weekends!

Things are beginning to look up in regards to licensing small stations and the BCI....

My show is moved from Friday afternoons to Saturday nights for the next few weekends, I cant wait to be properly on air with it.....

Anyone any interesting ideas for guests?? or have any international names to come up for an interview and a mix or are looking for a plug for any of your gigs feel free to pop me a mail.....

fieldogATgmail.com

Show goes out Live from 10PM - 12AM Saturday Nights,

Cheers

Dave

http://www.irishtimes.com/theticket/articles/2009/0410/1224244336918.html

Power FM, a Dublin-based digital radio station that has been in operation on various platforms for 16 years, has been granted a temporary licence, and will begin officially broadcasting on the airwaves for a 10-week period today.

Station founder Brian Chamberlain told The Ticket that he was thrilled at the BCI’s decision to grant the licence. “We’ve been working towards this for well over a year,” he said. “We’ve built up a huge following digitally, and I’m confident that our 10 weeks will prove to be a fresh direction for the Dublin airwaves and a huge success.” The temporary licence means that the station – which will continue to run on www.powerfm.org from Monday to Thursday – can go on air for a series of three-day weekend broadcasts for 10 weeks, ending on June 14th.

Based in Glasnevin, Dublin, Power FM began as a pirate station in 1993 before evolving to become a digital/online entity in 2003, and currently has a roster of 40 voluntary staff.

The station promises to play an active role in the Dublin music scene, and will team up with various venues, promoters and organisations including Twisted Pepper, POD and the Dublin Electronic Arts Festival in the coming months.

The Power FM story echoes that of another Dublin-based station, Phantom FM, which was also granted two temporary contracts in 2003 and 2004 before receiving its permanent licence.

This article appears in the print edition of the Irish Times

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

Power FM was always my favourite pirate station. Great to hear it again as a non-pirate station! Well done to everyone involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Great news! Best of luck with it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Excellent news, thanks for the tip Dave. Will be in touch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Looking forward to another weekend of LEGAL Power FM!

Check out your FM dials from 12 tonight for our 24 hour broadcasts from our studio in Glasnevin!

I'll be on again on Saturday 10PM - 12AM

Hope any of you can tune in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

20 hours+ of on-demand listening: shows from the opening weekend :)
    http://www.powerfm.org/2009/04/weekend-1-a-selection-of-shows/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

This is great news for irish dance music! hope it gets biger and stronger!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ah great news. I remember the early days up in Wheatfield and then onto the "under the stairs" set up in Chapelizoid (although it was really Ballyfermot!:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Good stuff i always liked Power FM, used to sometimes listen to Brian Chamberlain before heading out raving, obviously my allegiances lie with Digital FM as my mate runs it but ill certainly tune into Power FM at some stage.

Power will be LIVE again from 12 tonight with the Don Rosco & Stacks Show

Brian still does the odd show every now and then Jonny, he's one of the "brains" behind Power.....

That Digital FM, is that Mo Kelly & Mick Mastersons new venture?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Radiojack on the dial today @ 5pm with very special guest Al Keegan, who will be showcasing some tracks on his label (including exclusive unreleased tracks) as part of an AciiTone showcase.

Hope you can all tune in, 99.5 FM and www.powerfm.org - ALWAYS online!

Woop!

Good work Giles!

Will try tuning in!

Advertisement