Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woke up in middle of night

Options
  • 10-04-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Very strange thing happened last night. I was fast asleep & I just woke up (never happens me, I alway sleep straight through) Anyhow after bout one minute my phone rings.

Dont know who it was. Maybe someone drunk and dialled the wrong number. :confused: Frightened the life out of me as it was about 1 am.

Has this ever happened anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Often pick up my phone right before a message come through, but nothing like that. Are you sure it didn't ring a bit before that, and that's what made you wake up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Inter

The possibilities that occur to me are:

1 Coincidence - a noise outside or something
    2 The drunk phoned you twice, first time wakening you, second time getting through
    3 You didn't actually wake before the ringing, but retrospectively believe you did because the call contained nothing else of note (mind playing tricks)
    4 Electro-static discharge from the phone coincidentally matches the alpha wave pattern of your sleeping brain and synchronises sufficiently with you that it forces you into conscious awareness of the phone.

My money's on Number 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Inter wrote: »
    2 The drunk phoned you twice, first time wakening you, second time getting through
    My money's on Number 2
    I'm sure the OP can confirm whether the drunk called twice if she checks her call log?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Or, going completely on the wild side, maybe someone was trying to contact you and it was very urgent and important. You woke up to greet it, they werent there! Maybe contact people who might contact you in case of emergency/lottery win etc!

Advertisement