Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mp3 VBR

• 10-04-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Been googling for a while now, without any luck.
    Does anyone know how to play a file with mp3 vbr audio. I thought most modern players can handle it, but it doesn't appear so. Maybe I'm missing a piece of software? Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

The vast majority of players should be able to handle it. What's the file and what are you trying to play it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

If it won't play, then where did You get it? obviously not from a legit source :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Like the lads say, pretty much anything out these days should be able to handle any of the various types of vbr. Anything I encode is always done with vbr.

Two possibilities as I see it:
    1. The file is really badly fragmented across the hard drive. To be honest this is less likely but I've noticed it happen a few times with mine.
    2. The source wasn't clean (and by that I mean physically clean or a bad copy, not where it came from:))

All software players have happily coped with vbr for five years or more. With hardware players it depends but anything bought in the past few years shouldn't care.

Advertisement