Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking prises too high in Cork? (and by how much)

Options
  • 10-04-2009 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I'm looking to buy a house in the next 6 months or so.

I have my mortgage approved so have started viewing houses and check MyHome.ie and Daft.ie religiously.

I'm looking for a three bed semi, within 20-30 mins from Cork city. The prices obviously range massively on where and what state the building is in.

But on averge, these 3 bed semi's are around the €295,000 mark (Glanmire, Ballincollig, Blarney). Carrigaline been much cheaper.

I'm not going to put in a bid for another few months, or unless I see something that's "perfect", but I'd love to know what these houses are currently selling for. Is there a list of sale prices anywhere?

Has anyone sold/bought a house recently that could discuss their experience?

Thanks,
    A.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I'm looking to buy a house in the next 6 months or so.

I have my mortgage approved so have started viewing houses and check MyHome.ie and Daft.ie religiously.

I'm looking for a three bed semi, within 20-30 mins from Cork city. The prices obviously range massively on where and what state the building is in.

But on averge, these 3 bed semi's are around the €295,000 mark (Glanmire, Ballincollig, Blarney). Carrigaline been much cheaper.

I'm not going to put in a bid for another few months, or unless I see something that's "perfect", but I'd love to know what these houses are currently selling for. Is there a list of sale prices anywhere?

Has anyone sold/bought a house recently that could discuss their experience?

Thanks,
    A.

Before you do anything visit these websites:

www.thepropertypin.com

www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com

www.irishpropertywatch.com

www.irishhometruths.com

Keep visiting Daft, but you will find, in some cases, HUGE variances on the same property with different Estate Agents. And don't buy for quite some time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Male30something

Thanks for those links, I wasn't aware of those sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugatu

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Before you do anything visit these websites:

www.thepropertypin.com

www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com

www.irishpropertywatch.com

www.irishhometruths.com

Keep visiting Daft, but you will find, in some cases, HUGE variances on the same property with different Estate Agents. And don't buy for quite some time yet.

For more balanced advice I think you might be better sticking to this forum here.

I read the property pin and besides a few rational intelligent posters most of it is full of wannabe economists calling the bottom of the property market where a 3 bed semi is worth the same a packet of crisps. ;)

The best advice I've seen is that if its affordable to you (4-5x your salary) and its the house you will live in for the next 10-15 years then go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Mugatu wrote: »
    For more balanced advice I think you might be better sticking to this forum here.

I read the property pin and besides a few rational intelligent posters most of it is full of wannabe economists calling the bottom of the property market where a 3 bed semi is worth the same a packet of crisps. ;)

The best advice I've seen is that if its affordable to you (4-5x your salary) and its the house you will live in for the next 10-15 years then go for it.

Yeh whatever you think, keep wearing those ear muffs to block out the truth :D

They did call the crash at the beginning ion 2006, called the credit crunch before we knew and in doing so saved thousands of euro for posters who were selling and buying. Hence i'd trust their opinion more than an opinion based on rants.

The OP should have a look at the price drop sites and track his target houses for sale so he knows whats going on and whats likely to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugatu

gurramok wrote: »

The OP should have a look at the price drop sites and track his target houses for sale so he knows whats going on and whats likely to happen.

I agree.

And as I said there are some intelligent posters.

As for a bunch of guys on an internet forum calling the housing crash and the international credit bubble. I'll take your work for it.:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Thank you:D
    As for a bunch of guys on an internet forum calling the housing crash and the international credit bubble. I'll take your work for it.:P

Yes you can, the evidence is over there in old posts from 2006, don't be shy and have a peep.

I would disagree. This whole 'if you like the house buy it' argument is void. Buy a house now. Pay, let's say, €100k over the odds. Spread that out over a 30 year mortgage. See where this is going.:rolleyes: Apart from the property pin, treesdontgrowtothesky is invaluable. Weekly updates of every price change on daft, itemised per City & County. As I said - invaluable.

I agree.

He is 100% right. And they never received the credit.:p OP - read those links and then decide.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mary70

Definitely seems to be the wisest thing to wait for another while but no harm looking around in the meantime. Some builders may be very happy to make a sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

There's no harm in looking at the likes of The Property Pin. Is it not better to look at various sources and make up your own mind?

• Advertisement

Firetrap wrote: »
    There's no harm in looking at the likes of The Property Pin. Is it not better to look at various sources and make up your own mind?

Precisely.

Advertisement